“A memorable experience”
Review of Goldmoor Dining

Goldmoor Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Goldmoor Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 63 Restaurants in Galena
Price range: US$18 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Black Jack Road
Description: Unmatched Old World decor, a diverse wine cellar, and premier personal service are all complemented by our chef"s creative cuisine. Enjoy dining in one of our cozy booths or elegant tables with breathtaking views overlooking the Mississippi River.
Marion, Iowa
“A memorable experience”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

The service was outstanding, view was magnificent, and the food was superb. The whole experience was excellent. We would highly recommend visiting the Goldmoor on your next trip to the Galena area!!! We will return ourselves.

1 Thank brneilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chicago, Illinois
“Outstanding food a 10 out of 10”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

The food we had was excellent and the next we stay there we will make sure we have another wonderful dinning experience.

Galena, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All- around wonderful evening.”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We had the pleasure of joining 4 other couples for a special evening at the Goldmoor. Due to the larger group, they seated us in the gazebo out on the patio. The gazebo is enclosed, air conditioned with Christmas lights around the perimeter and overlooks the sunset on the Mississippi. Absolutely beautiful!
I had the Beef Wellington and my husband had the 16 oz Ribeye. What a treat! This is not your usual dinner. Each course is presented beautifully and the chef's have gone to extra lengths to make it look, smell and taste wonderful. My entree came with bread, salad, garlic potatoes and fresh crisp asparagus and each course was delicious. The portions were huge and I ended up taking half of mine home.
The whole evening was an event. Relaxing, beautiful and delicious. You will not be disappointed.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Linda K
Galena, Illinois
“Best dinner ever served”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

My husband and I have eaten at the Goldmoor once before and had a lovely dinner. The service, presentation, atmosphere and food are the best we have ever had at a restaurant. This last week we went with a group of friends (ten in all) and again our experience was superior. I can't say enough about the way the staff makes you feel special...from being greeted warmly by the innkeeper, to the excellent servers and the talented chefs (who welcomed our visit to the kitchen)...our experience as diners was first rate. The food is to die for...every course beautifully prepared and served graciously. If you want a truly exceptional dining experience, visit the Goldmoor Inn!

Galena, IL
“Wonderful Dining Experience”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I just got back from having a wonderful meal at the Goldmoor. I can't speak highly enough of our entire experience.

The staff was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and courteous. During the entire meal, I never had to ask for anything because everything was taken care of.

My meal was fabulous from the crab cake appetizer through the snicker dessert. Although I do have to say that the ribeye and shrimp linguine were absolutely amazing.
Everyone in our party tried something different and everyone ranted and raved about their choice.

It was probably my best meal ever!