“Gooldmoor”
Review of Goldmoor Dining

Goldmoor Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Goldmoor Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 63 Restaurants in Galena
Price range: US$18 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Black Jack Road
Description: Unmatched Old World decor, a diverse wine cellar, and premier personal service are all complemented by our chef"s creative cuisine. Enjoy dining in one of our cozy booths or elegant tables with breathtaking views overlooking the Mississippi River.
Naperville, Illinois
“Gooldmoor”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This place was average, It wasn't bad, but it didn't WOW me. It was very cozy which I liked, Food was good, but nothing special.

Visited January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Wheaton, IL
“Still the best we've had in Galena”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

My wife and I have been making an annual trip to stay at the Goldmoor Inn and always include at least one dinner there during each trip. After this year's trip we can say that our opinion that this is the best restaurant we've enjoyed in Galena is still valid. We were there in early December and enjoyed the Christmas lights and decorations as we dined. Service was great as always. Salad and bread were very good as was the curried pumpkin bisque. For dinner we both had the beef wellington and it was excellent. We still had room for dessert so I had the eggnog cheese cake while my wife opted for the chocolate bread pudding--we shared and thought both were good. Most of the restaurants in Galena are kinda middling--not bad, but certainly not great. The Goldmoor Inn is a cut above the local compo and we look forward to coming back.

• Visited December 2013
Peoria, Illinois
“Wonderful meal and outstanding service”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Group of four had dinner together. It was an extremely cold night, and the restaurant was not busy. We tried the potato soup, and no one was disappointed. Very thick and hearty. Two of the guests ordered Beef Wellington and two ordered the Ribeye. All meals were wonderful. Our server was Linda and she gave very good suggestions for the meals and wines we ordered. We did not have room for dessert but they did look delicious. We had a nice surprise when leaving when Leroy offered to show us the Chef;s Table and Chef's room along with several other rooms that were vacant. I only wish we had an earlier reservation to see the view and the sunset. We will visit again.

• Visited December 2013
Chicago
“Tucked away gem....”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Looking for something not on Galena's Main Street? Try this place. Off Blackjack Road on the way to Chestnut Mountain, a tucked away castle-like structure overlooking the Mississippi River. Great Beef Wellington and fresh Walleye. The side dishes were also very good. We had a party of 6 and sat in our own dinning room. Sue who waited on us, was very personable and made us feel welcomed. Worked with my wife on gluten free choices. Great for as special occasion.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Traderjoey
Chicago, Illinois
“Pretentious and Overrated”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

So having dined in galena a couple times and having been impressed over and over again by the food this was supposed to be the crowing jewel of our visit. However I can say this was one of the worst dining experiences I have ever had.
First off the hostess was possibly one of the rudest people I have ever seen in service. We are a young couple and when we asked where the restaurant the lady gave us a dirty look and told us that they only take reservations. My girlfriend was about to walk out right there but I was willing to overlook that and politely gave her my name. She proceeded to shoot me another dirty look and walk us past all the empty tables with good views to seat us at possibly the worst table in the place.
The decor is sparse and looked like the basement of a church and the table were oddly placed to give the whole backroom (where she had stuck us) an odd feeling.
Then our waitress came and things just stayed bad. She seemed nice enough but was so unsure of herself and spoke so softly that we had to strain to hear her. She would also disappear for 15 to 20 minutes at a time which made it seem like we had been forgotten. The service was also insanely slow. The couple times we did see our waitress was when she came out to apologize about how slow the food was. The whole experience took two+ hours. Then at the end she had the nerve to bring us dessert menus after we twice told her no "just in case".
So I was willing to forgive all of this craziness if the food was good however the meal was the most decidedly mediocre meal I have ever had. Chicken Noodle Soup... done better and more originally by Panera Bread. Entree: Both were just not very good. My Girlfriends chicken was overdone and not very juicy and I could have made the steak I had at home.
Overall avoid this place like the plauge. Go eat at vinni's or Fried Green Tomatoes, better food and a much better time.

• Visited October 2013