“great stay”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Galena
Chicago, Illinois
“great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

stayed in a great room that was clean and comfy. nice pool, decent free breakfast and very friendly staff. granted us a late check out. no complaints! overall a pleasant stay and we would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

This was a comfortable stay. The pool was EXCELLENT. It's all indoor and I've never seen such a setup. There's a waterslide, deep swimming area, more shallow area, a hottub and a kiddie wading pool. Tons of lounge chairs too for those who don't want to go for a dip.

The beds were comfortable. I went with my bachelorette party and there were 5 of us there. 2 per bed and 1 in the fold out sofa. It was comfortable and quiet.

Breakfast was also fairly good. The eggs tasted a little funny but it was otherwise a pleasant stay!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites on our way to a fall color trip in Wisconsin and Michigan. Great hotel with good location close to all the fun things to do in Galena. Hotel staff was very helpful and our room was clean and well appointed. Breakfast was very good. Thumbs up.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

THIS HOTEL ROCKS!!!!!!! I came out here from south dakota for a family reuniting and stayed here this has been one of the best stays at a hotel i have ever had ... special thanks to JESSICA who made my family reuniting banner thats was special and ment alot to me.... i still tear when i think of it. i stayed here at the hotel 10-25 to 10-28 i had a blast on the water slide my son says its awesome we had to fight with our selves to get out when we needed too cause we were haveing so much fun.... the front lobby for a country inn suites is sweet when u walk in u wouldnt know it was a country inn if missed all sighns.... the room amazing i loved ... thank u to STEPH,ABBY u guys were awsome cool and sweet .... TOM the maintanance guy was cool my ac had a leake poor guy wasnt on site was probaly sleeping at around 11pm but he came from home and had it fixed in no time flat the was impecable responce especialy considering he was probaly woken up to fix it that was awesome... BRITTANY,TINA,B,AND PLIAN JANE breakfast was super amazing... and DANA the G.M. was awesome and amazing .... the hotel i say should be #1 in galena on trip advisor ... this place is clean nice not far from walmart mc,Ds and a gas station right across the way also..... this hotel in my eyes from a scale of 1 - 10 - rate it a 100 u guys were amasing stay here again MOST DEFINATELY expect to see me here more .... thank you all at the hotel.... best stay ever.....

Room Tip: go for a king suite the are awsome door seperates bedroom from everything else in the room great for...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Milwaukee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We chose this hotel from the Tripadvisor reviews. One caveat - we stayed over a Sunday and Monday nights, so the rates were significantly less and with a AAA discount. Some of the criticism for the rates do not apply to our stay (about $87 per night). The room was very clean and comfortable, with a nice shower. The only odd thing was a tapping noise in the wall on occassion, which I think is the plumbing or ventilation. I did not wake us up a night. The breakfast is quite good, with a very attentive staff, picking up your dishes and making waffles for you if you want. There is a hot choice that changes every day. The breakfast room can get crowded on an off morning, as it is small. I would expect the busy times can be really crowded. It is easy to find, as it is right on HWY 20. You have to drive to get to the downtown, but when we were there, it wasn't an issue. We didn't use the pool or water slide (actually I didn't see anyone ever using it).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Round Lake Beach, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

The hotel itself was good. The pool area is very nice, and family oriented. There's more to do at this Country Inn than others we have stayed at. The room size was good, but the headboards could be dusted. The hot breakfast was typical. I have one issue with the staff though. We arrived and everything was going fine with our check in, when I asked if they had feather pillows and comforters. The clerk said yes and asked why and I told her my daughter is allergic to feathers. At the same time I motioned to my daughter. Both my teen daughters were standing off to the side by the stairs. The clerk leaned over the desk to look at my daughters and asked me which one. I looked at her and asked what difference is it? She leaned back and said that's too bad. She said they would have someone bring up other pillows and a blanket. Someone did bring that to our room, but seriously they couldn't afford two blankets? It was in the 30s last night. One thin blanket didn't cut it, considering the other bed had a down comforter.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PJ1600
Shawano WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We planned a last minute trip to Galena in what we found out is one of the biggest weekends they have due to the County Fair event. Because the town was expecting thousands of people we bit the bullet and had a decent rate on Thursday night, but Friday night the rate was astronomical. It just seems so unfair that hotels almost gouge you in this way. The Country Inn and Suites was nice enough, but the queen beds had only 3 pillows instead of 4. The elevator was slow and the rear entrances (on the sides) were dark and creepy and the magnetic key didn't work ( luckily another guest let us in).
The breakfast was ok. I would stay here again but never during a prime weekend as the cost is not justified.

• Stayed October 2013