“Galena Tasting room”

Galena Cellars Winery & Vineyard
Ranked #2 of 36 Shopping in Galena
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us and enjoy our award-winning wines. Visit our gift shop at 515 South Main Street Galena IL, 61036. Vineyard now open for tours & wine tastings at 4746 North Ford Rd. Galena, IL 61036.
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The tasting room on Main St. in Galena was a nice place. They held our wine purchases until we were ready to leave so the wine didn't have to sit in a hot car nor did we have to carry it around. Very nice people and a fun shop for all things wine.
There is a bunch of shops and eateries on Main. It's nice! One place after another. close to the river.
There is a wine tasting fee.

1  Thank Cherylyn A

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I took my father with me to see the Galena vineyard. since we got there 30 min. earlier for the next tour, we paid for tasting 3 different wines of our preference and we did the tasting next to the vineyards. At the back of the store (main entrance) they have a nice sitting area with tables, chairs and red umbrellas so you can enjoy the view of the vineyards, the country, while you taste the wines. Our tour guide came to our table and started our tour with a explanation of the 5 steps to tasting wine. She also told us the story about the dreams and beginings of the owner (Christine) and Lawlor family. Our experience was really worth it and we enjoyed each moment.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I travelled to Galena for a little getaway and took a side-trip to the Galena Cellars Vineyard for a wine tasting. We were able to browse an art show where local artists were showing homemade baskets, antique maps, hand-crafted jewelry, oil paintings and watercolor paintings. The farm is quite clean and includes a beautiful red barn and a beautiful view. They make all of their own wine on the property and we really enjoy tasting several kinds before purchasing. I enjoyed a glass of wine and my husband a frozen wine drink while we sat on the covered porch of the farm house that housed their shop and enjoyed the peace and view. They also have a house where guests can stay overnight with a full kitchen and 2-3 bedrooms.
They also offer tours of the vineyard but we have never gone on one. 100% chance we will return!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

My husband and I love Galena. We always stop at the Galena Cellars Winery and we have also been to the vineyard a few miles away from downtown Galena. The wine selection is typical for the midwest but we enjoy it (The Galena Red is our favorite--simple and under $13). In the fall, they offer mulled wine samples that warm anyone up on a cold autumn day (after a sip or two you'll be energized to keep shopping downtown!). In the summer/early fall, driving the extra miles to the vineyard is definitely worth it. The view of the vineyard from the patio area is gorgeous. The vineyard offers cheeses and simple meats to enjoy as you sip your glass (or glasses) of wine. **There is also a Galena Cellar Winery location in Geneva**

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Went to Galen for a christmas vacation and happen to go to this place for some wine tasting. I have never been here before but my sister had recommended it. Super cheap for wine tasting and a lot of choices to pick from. It makes you want to taste them all! We had a great time. The lady who was serving us the wine was very informative and very kind. The place is really cool too because after you're done with the wine tasting, you could go around the store and buy some wine or souvenirs. There was a staircase that led to upstairs, could possibly be a restaurant but not sure because we were so focused on the wine. Definitely a great place.