Irish Cottage Boutique Hotel
Best Western Designer Inn & Suites(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$77
US$83
US$80
Ramada Galena Hotel and Day Spa(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$81
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$158
Stoney Creek Inn(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$90
US$99
US$94
Grant Hills Motel(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$65
Travelocity
DeSoto House Hotel(Galena)
Worldmark Galena(Galena)
Agoda.com
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsthe pubsconesirish dancersbreakfast basketvalley viewlive entertainmentglendalough suiteweekend breakfastbrian boruleather chairshot breakfastshepherds piehiking trailenglish muffinsmy husband and iyogurtjunior suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2014

WOW! Place is great, IMO. The grounds are wonderful! A great faerie ring, nice lawn, quiet, not a lot of road noise. Feels very Irish. The wood work is fabulous! The pool and whirlpool are fun, clean, clear. Stayed in the Brian Boru Presidential suite. It was worth it! Views were great, room hugs! Nice shower and giant whirlpool bath. Clean. Bed was nice. Sheets and pillows great. Comfortable kitchen and sitting area. Fantastic.

Work out room is small. Adding a giant mirror doesn't it make it bigger, just makes it so that I see how fat I am from all angles. The shower "steam room" didn't work. When I told management, she simply stated she'd be up later to see if it worked. I JUST TOLD YOU IT DIDN'T WORK! And of course, when I got back to the room, it still didn't work. Also, make sure everything is clear before you actually do an upgrade. The wording is vague on some of their packages, so you think you are getting a better deal than you really are. Also, no offer to help with our bags.

Also, Main Street, the main shopping area, is only 0.7 miles from the hotel. And it's an easy walk. I thought the restaurant was pretty good authentic Irish food. (yes, I've been to Ireland).

Overall, for me, a wonderful experience! But for the money, they should have had someone up to my room in a second to fix the problem, not tell me they will come see if it works or not. Otherwise, 5 stars.

Room Tip: Pick the valley view. Otherwise you get a view of the parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014

If you are looking for a long weekend getaway, this is it. Great scenery, great restaurants and great shopping on Main Street. We ate at the Irish Cottage. We ate at Timmermans which is on the border of Dubuque and Galena. We shopped on Main Street for wines. Driving through the country parts of Galena made me think of Ireland and its winding roads and scenery. All in all, it was lovely.

Room Tip: Look out at the valley.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rita h
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We spent a few days here last week, as usual, the service was exceptional. Enjoyed music from Garrett Hillary and Scythian, what a great show! A shout out to our server Maria, who impeccably served our table of 9 in the pub during the show, which was no small feat.
The owners/staff at the Irish Cottage(Jack, Basel, Gail, Kathy, John, Joy, Fernando) tend to your every need--they even found my earring which was lost in the pub the night before!
When in Galena, we always stay at the Irish Cottage as it is a good location, rooms are very comfortable, and the staff are "great craic".

Room Tip: Valley View rooms are very comfortable with lovely views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here with my sister for a little shopping/spa getaway in Galena. The rooms are clean and nicely sized, with the sink in the room and the toilet and shower in the bathroom. (Works well for two women!) The front desk was a little disorganized, I think because they had a large group in the hotel during the time we were there. They assumed we were part of the group without asking us.
If you choose breakfast in the hotel, and want to eat in the main floor's breakfast area, note that you need to ask the front desk for your basket of goodies; it's not all just laid out for the taking. Weekend breakfast in the hotel's restaurant was really good, eggs, filled crepes, sausages, potatoes, OJ, milk and coffee.
Easy drive to downtown, too far to walk to many attractions/shopping. The spa downstairs was fantastic!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dannolisa
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We just returned from yet another wonderful trip to Galena and our favorite Inn, “The Irish Cottage”. If you're looking for a place where management and staff alike treat you as one of their family then The Irish Cottage is the place. The rooms are always reasonably priced, clean and comfortable. A pub with a fantastic selection of beer on tap, wine, and spirits. Their restaurant offers breakfeast, lunch and dinner. Weekday's the breakfeast is continetal while they serve a very tasty and filling weekend hot breakfeast. Dinner's are as good if not better then anyother restaurant in the area. I'd suggest either of their Strip Steaks (especially the Gaelic Strip Steak) or the Grilled Salmon.

Be sure to stick around for the Irish Dancers and their weekend talent. Make the effort to get to know management, John, Kathy or Basil. The rest of the staff, Amber, Emily, Gail and Tammy are hard working wonderful people who never seem to be in a bad mood. Unless a table of 30 come in asking for separate checks! (Sorry if I missed anyone). And then their's Joy, behind the bar she's an absolute wonder to behold... we love this girl.

Looking forward to our next visit... hugs and smooches, Bob and Robin

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple