“Order the Meech”

Add it.
Ramona Sunny Bakery and Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Turkish, Romanian
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our little lunch here. We ordered the meech sandwich. I love trying new foods and this was delicious. The very nice Romanian owner explained that it was a skinless sausage made with 30% ground lamb and 70% ground beef. The sausage was not made in- house, but the secret sauces were. There was a lovely sweet red pepper sauce and a green mayo sauce (that the owner would not divulge the ingredients of). It was served with a slice of yummy melted cheese on a homemade roll. This accompanied by tasty house made sweet potato fries. We split the sandwich so we would have room for the gorgeous pastries staring at us through the case. I chose the apricot pastry and memories of European pastry shops danced in my head! We had a delightful conversation with the owner about foods in Europe. Visit this restaurant and your tummy will love you for it!!!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

a little hard to find but worth looking for great selection of old world bake goods and very interesting history of both building and owners make this something to do if in Galena

Reviewed 12 June 2013

What a great spot for lunch. It takes a while to get your food but since everything is made to order and is delish it is well worth the wait. It was okay for us since we had been walking and shopping all morning it was so nice to just sit as a family, talk and enjoy each other in this quaint little spot. My daughters had the pesto chicken sandwich and my husband had the beef sandwich. We all enjoyed what we had. There was no room for the delicious looking deserts. Boo hoo!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have eaten here before and it was decent but the real attraction for me is the bakery items. Small but tasty selection. Love the chocolate coconut cookies the most. They have a mint version that is good too. The almond pastry is delightful.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

We recently discovered Ramona Sunny Bakery and Deli. What a great place to eat. Their food is delicious. We had the Ruben Sandwich and it was excellent. The bread is home baked and the Sweet Potato fries well special. We purchased some of their fresh pastries and were pleased with everything we purchased and consumed. My wife and I both love this place. A little off the beaten path but worth the short detour off Main Street on the left side of Diagonal Street next to the Dowling House.