“Great Information”

Tri State Travel Trolley Tour
Ranked #2 of 2 Transportation in Galena
More attraction details
Owner description: Trolley Classic trolleys are fun for the entire family! The large windows and comfortable seats are perfect for local sightseeing in the historic area around Galena, Illinois, and Dubuque, Iowa. Galena IL Tours We provide regularly scheduled trolley tours of historic Galena, Illinois. Hop aboard our classic red & green trolleys as we guide you to Grant’s Home, elaborate mansions, breweries, museums, and other tourist sites around Galena. Contact our office for more information about our Galena Trolley Tours. (815) 777-6447 Group Trolley Tours Tri-State Travel has group trolley tours in Galena and Dubuque, IA. Tours may be customized for groups of 25 or more and private tours are also available. Reserve our trolleys for your Galena or Dubuque wedding to add a special touch to your day. Your wedding party and guests can ride in style in our classic air-conditioned (or heated), safe and reliable transportation. Call us 800-779-4869 for arrangements!
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Tri State Travel Trolley Tour leaves from the downtown area every 90 minutes for about a 65 minute tour of Galena. They provide a great overview of Galena and hit all of the historical highlights. The information they provide helped me understand the historical significance of Galena as well as the "General" impact that Galena had on the Civil War. Those of you that have been on the tour will know what I mean.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We took the Trolly tour on June 8, 2014. The Trolly was fairly full, the driver was very interesting, and the stops (he stopped to talk about buildings and the landscape, but you don't get off the trolly) were good. He allowed enough time for people to take photos too. I think we paid $18 per adult and didn't use any type of coupon or discount (don't know if any are available either). They were very kind and let me hold my small dog on my lap who was quiet and didn't bother the other passengers (that was the condition, lol!) Several passengers had coffee or other drinks, so it's nice that was allowed too.

The tour started in the downtown area, a good amount of history about the town of Galena, on to the mining history and of course a lot of Grant. Overall, it was enjoyable. It's not a tour you can get on and off, but just a ride around, but it was good. I've already recommended it to others.

1  Thank Jayne D
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

A very good tour to get basic information about Galena. Recommended that you take this tour before you do much else.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My mom and I took this tour on our second day in Galena. Our driver/tour guide was very informative and entertaining. Great way to spend an hour. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We took this trolley tour as the other service was not open for the season yet. Our driver was very informative and fun. I would recommend that you take this tour first before you do more sightseeing. That way you will get your bearings and be able to decide what you want to see.