Chef Ivo's Place Inc
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Neat decor and a pleasant surprise inside. Host staff was good. Food was good with quick service. Desert was excellent.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were here on a Thursday night. We were only people dining. No kids menu so we had to order dinners for kids. The sweet potato and regular fries were tasty. The kids ordered Apple BBQ pork and mac n cheese. The Mac n cheese was good and pork ok. I had half chicken which was tasty but I chose the jalapeño BBQ which was a little to spicy. My husband enjoyed the brisket. We tried the baked beans. They could use a little brown sugar to sweeten up the spices in them. We ordered the cheese curds and fried pickles appetizer. They were ok. Overall the food wasn't bad but nothing exceptional considering the price we paid and no kids meal offered. We probably will not go back the next time in Galena.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Wow! We had an amazing lunch! I had a brisket & rib entree and my husband had a pulled chicken sandwich with a side of gold beer! BBQ was perfect! Amazing! The prices were very reasonable too! Great service!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

What a pleasant surprise to find this place but it is not handicap accessible. I have leg issues but made the climb up the stairs with minimal difficulty. At the top I found the atmosphere very nice, the décor quite fascinating (filled with interesting collectables of the Chef), the staff friendly and smiling. Then the menu was a treat to just look over. Great variety and choices yet not overwhelming. The food was served hot and very nicely prepared. It was delicious and well worth the stair climb.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My boyfriend and I visit Galena at least 2 to 3 times a year. We absolutely LOVE it there!!! Chef Ivo's Place was greatly hyped and we looked forward to eating there. Finally we got the chance after it opened. My boyfriend had the triple meat meal and I had the BBQ pork sandwich. The service was a little slow considering they were not extremely busy, but our waitress was extremely attentive. We liked the atmosphere for lunch; however if it is the same for dinner, it would be way too loud and not relaxing. The food came warm (not hot), which was surprising considering we didn't have to wait very long for it to come to our table. The meals were good, not great, which was disappointing considering how much we looked forward to eating here. Maybe it was a bad day for the chef. We would be willing to try it again for lunch and see if we have better luck; however, not willing to try it for dinner and be disappointed again (considering the higher than average prices).

1  Thank D G