“Good BBQ”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Rockford, Illinois
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The place was too expensive, but the food and portions were good. They have nice patio seating, and though they were busy, we didn't have to wait long to be seated. The service could have been better. Brisket, burnt ends, pork, mac n cheese, cornbread, and everything else we all had were wonderful... very pleased with the food. It was pretty expensive for a bbq place though.

• Visited September 2013

Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Excellent experience!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had a great experience at Chef Ivo's. The hostess was great about our seating, the waitress was so helpful explaining the menu, and the food was delicious. I got a cheeseburger with grilled onions and it was one of the best burgers I have ever eaten. My husband got the Brisket and it was absolutely delicious. The fries were perfectly cooked. We met Chef Ivo the next day and he was so great about sharing some of his tricks for tender BBQ with my husband.

Visited July 2014
Rockton, Illinois
“Nice place”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Neat decor and a pleasant surprise inside. Host staff was good. Food was good with quick service. Desert was excellent.

Forreston, Illinois
“Disappointed no kids menu”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were here on a Thursday night. We were only people dining. No kids menu so we had to order dinners for kids. The sweet potato and regular fries were tasty. The kids ordered Apple BBQ pork and mac n cheese. The Mac n cheese was good and pork ok. I had half chicken which was tasty but I chose the jalapeño BBQ which was a little to spicy. My husband enjoyed the brisket. We tried the baked beans. They could use a little brown sugar to sweeten up the spices in them. We ordered the cheese curds and fried pickles appetizer. They were ok. Overall the food wasn't bad but nothing exceptional considering the price we paid and no kids meal offered. We probably will not go back the next time in Galena.

• Visited June 2014
Chicago
“Yummm!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Wow! We had an amazing lunch! I had a brisket & rib entree and my husband had a pulled chicken sandwich with a side of gold beer! BBQ was perfect! Amazing! The prices were very reasonable too! Great service!