Longhollow Point Inn
US$94
US$90
Best Western Designer Inn & Suites(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$77
Ramada Galena Hotel and Day Spa(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$77
Stoney Creek Inn(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$89
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$190
US$99
US$94
Grant Hills Motel(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$65
DeSoto House Hotel(Galena)
Worldmark Galena(Galena)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsmurphy bedbalconyshowerbedroomamenitiesfireplaceaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2009

We checked in the Worldmark Galena / Longhollow Point Inn this past weekend, August 15, and stayed for 4 days. We had a one-bedroom unit with a king-sized bed and an additional queen-sized Murphy bed in the living area. The entire unit was remarkably clean and unlike other resorts we’ve stayed in before, this one did not have any smells when we entered. It felt brand new. The bathroom was very spacious and even had a whirlpool tub which our 2-year old son thoroughly enjoyed. The kitchenette was well stocked with utensils, pots, pans, spices, dishwashing detergent, garbage liners, paper towel and the kitchen appliances (e.g. blender, toaster, coffee maker, refrigerator, electric stove, microwave oven, dishwasher) were all clean and well-maintained. I should mention though that the coffee they had on stock did not taste very good so we had to get our own after trying out one pack. We also had our own washer/dryer inside the unit and we were very pleased to find that the resort also provided us with laundry detergent good for two loads.

Our unit was on the second floor towards the back of the building which afforded us a nice view of the hills in Galena. However, I would imagine that if you ended up on the lower floor or any unit facing the parking lot, the view would probably leave much to be desired. During our stay, the building was undergoing some roof repairs and so workers were on our balcony for the most part of the day. Obviously this kept us from maximizing the use of the space and ultimately, covered our nice view. We were also woken up by the noise of the on-going repairs as their work starts at 8am each day.

There’s also an indoor pool which, again, our son enjoyed so much. Other than that though, there’s no other interesting activity that a toddler might be able to enjoy within the resort. There is only one computer for public use in the lobby/common area which is another downside, in my opinion. But then again, if you’re truly on vacation, you won’t really need the computer/internet much other than for emergencies or a quick surf for points of interest in the surrounding areas.

Overall, I would highly recommend this resort given the amenities, the overall appearance, cleanliness, friendliness of staff and location relative to downtown Galena. It’s a great place for a relaxing vacation!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank saloff73
Reviewed 22 April 2008

I can't describe how satisfied I was with the conditions at this hotel. The people that wrote before me described the amenities very well, so I will not repeat them. One thing to mention is that 10 min. from downtown Galena does not seem so far away for me. I must say that I enjoyed the quietness and the cleanliness of this hotel.
I would definitely recommend this place to everyone and this will be my "future home" in Galena :)
P.S. A very romantic place

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank West_Ridge72
Reviewed 30 March 2007

We reserved a very nice, wonderfully decorated, 1 bedroom condo at a great off-season rate, but were disappointed and here is why...the weather was unseasonably warm and there was no air conditioning. The management company had some sort of policy that sounded to be more about saving money than keeping their guests comfortable. We decided not to stay and the person at the front desk helped us locate lodging with A/C. We would stay at this property again, but will ask in advance if the A/C is going to be working. Be certain to question this before making a reservation, if you want to be comfortable when you vacation!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Anjlface
Reviewed 24 September 2006

I booked a studio condo in Longhollow Point Inn for Sept. 22nd through Sept. 24th. We just returned today. I booked the stay through Overstock.com for $109 per night. An exceptional value.

The room was perfectly furnished, clean, and well laid out.
When I booked, I requested a view of the valley behind the Inn and got just what I asked for with room #1309.

There was a kitchenette (stovetop, sink, mini fridge, and cabinetry w/all utensils needed). In the living area, there was a hidden Queen sized bed that pulled down and was covered in luxurious sheets that were SO SOFT. The couch and oversized chair were beautiful and very comfortable. There was two oversized night stands and dresser- ample room for clothing for our 3 day excursion. We had a private balcony with bistro set, as well as a TV, DVD/VCR combo and a stereo.

The FIREPLACE was a nice surprise- placed in the wall beside the bed, the OTHER SIDE of it was one wall of the bathroom-with the fireplace sitting next to the nice sized jacuzzi tub- a great surprise since I didn't think there was a jacuzzi tub!

They provided beach towels for the pool area and though we didn't spend time there, we noticed a nice sized rec room complete with a video game room, big screen TV and pool table. The gym was well appointed too- with 4 or 5 machines and two of each.

The Inn was perfect for our first excursion into Galena. I loved the town. It IS 7 miles outside of Galena though but it was def. a nice room to retire too every night.

Great stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SpotlightOnTravel
Reviewed 30 May 2006

Just returned from Memorial Day in Galena. We stayed at the Longhollow Point Inn and we liked it very much. Our accommodations were extremely clean and well furnished. We booked one of their studios and it met our needs very well. We even had a room at the back of the hotel that opens up onto a very picturesque valley. The pool area was very clean as well and the location off of Route 20 is convenient; they are right next to the Galena Territories - easy to find. We definitely would stay here again; the price was less than staying at chain hotels in the area and I believe our accommodations were better.

• Stayed: May 2006