“You Will Come Back Again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cloran Mansion Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galena
Cloran Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 33 Galena B&B and Inns
Nauvoo, Illinois
“You Will Come Back Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

My fiance and I have stayed at Cloran Mansion three times now and it is always the first place I try to book when we are in Galena. Carmine and Cheryl have made each visit an enjoyable one and always go out of their way to make us feel welcome. We have stayed in Antonio's Cottage and the Tower Suite. Each has its own character and both are comfortable and private. The cottage is perfect in the winter months with its heated floors and fireplace. We had the gourmet dinner prepared for us upon arrival, which is nice when you have been on the road. Then, it's back to the room for a soak in the whirlpool. The breakfast they prepare for us each morning is OUTSTANDING and is the perfect way to start the day. This B&B is close enough to the downtown are that it only takes a couple of minutes to get there, but it is also located away from the crowds and traffic. They have also made my fiance's birthday extra special by providing beautiful flowers, cake and even a personal card from them, which you won't get at a hotel. If you have any special requests, just ask and they will be happy to accommodate.

For us, staying at Cloran Mansion is a romantic break from the daily grind and we are thankful that we gave this place a try. The hosts and other guests have always made our stays here pleasant ones and we look forward to many more weekend getaways here.

Next time you are in Galena, try this place out. If you have never stayed at a B&B I would highly recommend Cloran Mansion. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scott S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Rantoul, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

This was our very first B&B. We spent our Honeymoon in Galena and spent five nights at this lovely B&B. The hosts are not intruding. Instead we found them very helpful, available for our inquiries, and made us feel quite at home, while allowing us to have our privacy. If you like whirlpools, there is one in every room, but one of the rooms.
The mansion has quiet surroundings and was a relaxing place to come back to!
I appreciate all of the little extra sort of things, oreos in the cookie jar, coffee available anytime, m&ms in a dish, movie library (lots and lots of movies), microwave with popcorn bags nearby, and so on.
Breakfasts were very impressive and delicious. Having had five of their breakfasts, only one was a repeat, and that repeat was our favorite. There was more food available than what we could finish, and it was well balanced. The table setting itself was also impressive.
The Gazebo was also very comfortable as well, private with a pond and small waterfall nearby.
A note on location, it is a comfortable distance from the downtown area, which we believe was a plus (no noise from traffic or late events in town).

We were thoroughly pleased with this B&B, and thank Carmine and Cheryl for a wonderful stay.

1 Thank Mason V
Evansville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

First time at a B & B. Was there for Wine Lover's weekend. This would definitely be a place I would stay in again. Rooms were clean. The upstairs hot-tub above the bathroom was awesome. Cheryl and Carmine make you feel right at home. Oh, have I mentioned the breakfasts. WOW. Better then most restaurants. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mike B
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I was looking for a room in Galena for one night to celebrate Mother's Day and our 24th anniversary to surprise my wife. As we arrived on our motorcycles, we were both impressed. The nights stay was wonderful but the breakfast in the morning was to die for. Carmine and Cheryl could not have been better hosts and we definately willo return

Beach Park, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

My husband and I spent hours reading thru each of the Bed & Breakfasts featured on the Galena.org website. We finally chose Cloran Mansion Bed & Breakfast. Much to our delight, we could not have chosen better! Our two-day stay at the Cloran Mansion was most relaxing. We felt like we were visiting relatives, with Carmine & Cheryl greeting us on their front porch, welcoming us with open arms. Our room (Sara) was charming, cozy and comfortable. The surrounding grounds were awesome, what a pleasure to do some reading in the gazebo, with the koi pond and babbling brook as a backdrop.
In the morning, we were treated to an amazing breakfast!... Indescribable!! Y'all just have to experience this wonderful Bed & Breakfast, with hosts Carmine & Cheryl for yourselves... you won't be disappointed!! Thank you Carmine & Cheryl and Cloran Mansion ~

Room Tip: We chose the room 'Sara,' for the king-size bed, and location on the first floor, we just ca...
1 Thank Joni M
Brookfield, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

This was our second visit to Galena and the Cloran Mansion B & B. Cheryl and Carmine greet you at the door and make you feel more like a family member than a paying guest. During your entire visit they cater to your every need regardless of the number of guests. Each room is beautifully decorated and offers unique views of the lovely gardens and water features of the grounds. Located on the edge of town, this B & B allows you to unwind in the tranquil gardens and gazebo, yet you are just minutes from downtown Galena and its magnificent architecture and shopping.
We intend to make the Cloran B & B our place to stay on our trips to Galena.......a GREAT place to stay while visiting a charming village !

Room Tip: ALL rooms have great views of the gardens and surrounding countryside, there really is no "bad...
1 Thank Jim603
Marion, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

My wife and I have looked to try a bed and breakfast but have always been a bit skeptical. She surprised me a few weeks ago with a trip to Galena and a stay at the Cloran mansion. Within 30 minutes of checking in and walking through the house and the basics with Carmine, we were sold. As my wife and I readied ourselves for in-room massages, I told her, "I think we found a new thing" (that is being "B&B people").

I'm relatively particular and this being our first B&B experience I expected to find quite a bit to improve on or look for in future B&B visits. I have nothing. (In full disclosure I have nothing to compare to but I don't think that's necessary - an analogy: you don't have to taste bad food to appreciate good tasting food).

5 stars all the way around - we're just trying to figure out when/how we can get back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple