“Wonderful B&B!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galena
Cloran Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 32 Galena B&B and Inns
Fort Madison, Iowa
“Wonderful B&B!”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

This was our first time to stay in a B&B but it won't be our last! We came here to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary and could not have made a better choice. Cheryl and Carmine made us feel right at home. Our room was great and the breakfast was out of this world! We made new friends and would love to come back to the Cloran Mansion again. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Cloran Mansion because it was away from town and the hustle and bustle, but not far a...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Dallas Center, Iowa
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We love the Cloran Mansion! Gorgeous, romantic place! We spent 5 days and were married there. Our children also stayed over night. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed every minute. The food was heavenly. It was so nice to spend our wedding week with each other instead of dealing with all the details that Cheryl and Carmen handled for us. The other guests were fantastic. We even got wedding pictures from the tower that another guest took for us. It was so easy that we spent the day before the wedding kayaking the Galena River looking at bald eagles, deer and other wildlife instead of in a tizzy. Cheryl and Carmen took care of everything. Our pictures were wonderful, cake was beautiful, champagne, and they even prepared a fabulous meal for all of us after the ceremony. We love the garden, fountain, gazebo and our children had so much fun enjoying the fire pit and getting to know one another and their friends. We will definitely be back to our new favorite place, The Cloran Mansion in Galena!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
cloran, Owner at Cloran Mansion Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Thank you so much for such a nice review and especially for selecting us to host your 5 day stay and wedding. You have a wonderful family and were all a pleasure to have as guests. Hopefully we will see you again on your Anniversary and host a Romantic get-a-way for you.
Have a wonderful life together.

Carmine and Cheryl
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 September 2012

The Cloran Mansion in Galena is the perfect getaway. My husband and I stayed here for our 1st year wedding anniversary. The mansion is romantic, charming and located minutes from downtown Galena. Carmine and Cheryl are wonderful hosts and really go out of their way to make sure you're comfortable. Since it was our first time in Galena, we had all kinds of questions on what to do or see and they were so helpful with suggestions. Their breakfast is delicious!!!

We had a great time and can't wait to go back.

Crystal Lake, Illinois
Reviewed 25 September 2012

My boyfriend and I have just returned this past weekend from spending the weekend at the "Cloran Mansion" for his 51st birthday. I could not have chosen a better place than the "Cloran Mansion. It was my boyfriend first time in a B&B. We had stayed at the "Ann's suite" so pretty. He said it is like a warm piece of paradise...
Cheryl and Carmine hospitality was so warm and welcoming. it was wonderful to feel like at home. They even had set up at our arrival a delicious birthday cake for my boyfriend's celebration.
The dinning room table looked like a piece of jewelry and the breakfast itself was like a feast for kings. The food was so delicious and fresh to order. Cheryl and Carmine have helped me planned as well an in-house couples massage (so we did not have to leave the Mansion, perfect!) that was out of this world.. Do not miss on a massage as the ladies were very professional. What a treat...!
Cheryl and Carmine make this place so peaceful and inviting just by being genuine and passionate at what they do. Real wonderful people!!!.. We will definitely be back.
So, thank you to Cheryl and Carmine...Great job!

Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This was our first experience with a B&B, and it was wonderful! Carmine and Cheryl are very welcoming and friendly. We were shown the home and our room when we arrived, and Carmine showed us how to use everything in our room. It is a beautiful home and so cozy and comfortable I forgot we were staying somewhere. Our room was very clean. Breakfast was delicious, and we enjoyed the company. Could not have asked for a better stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in John's room nice view of the front yard and gazebo, but we did see all of the rooms...
Roselle, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Cloran Mansion is the perfect place to stay! My husband and I stayed last weekend in the Cloran Mansion Condo at Longhollow Point Inn.

When we opened the door to the condo all we said was WOW! The room and bath room was Very clean. The pictures on the web page do not do the room justice! The big Jacuzzi tub fantastic!

My husband and I went to the Cloran Mansion each morning for breakfast. The breakfast was outstanding! Different each day and so much food we did not have to eat all day! The best part about the breakfast was that it was not served until 9:00 am -10:30 so we didn’t feel rushed in the morning.

Cheryl and Camine where the perfect host, welcoming and friendly made us feel right at home.

My husband and I will be back! The best and most luxurious place!

Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My husband and I spent last weekend at the Cloran Mansion. Carmine was very friendly and honest when I called to inquire about rates and location. Since they are a mile away we did choose to drive when visiting downtown Galena. The upside to being further away is that it is much quieter. We arrived in town early and Cheryl graciously greeted us, gave us a tour, and since our room was ready, allowed us to check in early. The mansion and all of the rooms are very clean and charming. The pictures on the website are a true representation to what the house looks like. They thoughtfully left us an anniversary card with "lovebird" cookies in our room. We enjoyed the firepit, especially because they prepare the fire for you. Breakfast was fantastic both days! You hear a lot about the french toast, which is great, but the blueberry pancakes were my favorite. They also have standing reservations at several restaurants which we took advantage of on Saturday because we hadn't made any. I have wanted to try a B&B for a long time and am very thankful we picked Cloran Mansion as it was everything I hoped it would be. My husband and I will definitely stay at Cloran Mansion again! Thank you Carmine and Cheryl!

Room Tip: We stayed in John's room and had a great view of the gazebo and garden. The bed was also very co...