All reviewscheryl and carminetower roomantonio's cottagefire pitpesto potatoeskoi pondmy husband and iheated floorspersonalized cardserved family stylefrench toastwonderful experienceget awaywonderful hostswhirlpool tubeach morningother guests
Reviewed 25 March 2008

Cloran Mansion is a majestic bed and breakfast hosted by two wonderful, friendly people. My husband and I spent the weekend in Sara's Suite, which was lavishly decorated but still cozy, with a fireplace and whirlpool. Carmine and Cheryl serve a first-rate breakfast--we never had room for lunch during our stay! C & C's attention to detail and extra special touches made our stay truly magical. We will be back!

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank hadogenes
Reviewed 18 February 2008

This B & B looks just as quaint in real life as it does in the pictures. Carmine and Cheryl went out of their way to make our first wedding anniversary truly special. Because there were some guests that ended up cancelling they actually bumped us up to the wedding suite (Tower Room, book it if you can!) at no extra charge! But, even if we had stayed in the room that initially was the only one available (Alice's Room, still beautiful but not as large as the others) we still would have been fine with that.

My husband and I didn't arrive until really late, about 10:30pm, but Carmine and Cheryl were both still up, showed us the mansion and our rooms, and still spent extra time on how to work the fireplace, TV, and the whirlpool tub. I had asked to have a bottle of wine and some chocolates waiting for us in the room and they ended up giving us a decadent chocolate mousse cake, which again, was no extra charge. They even added a balloon that read Happy Anniversary and created a personalized card for us (names, 1st ann. etc.).

Breakfast is served in the dining room, at one table, family style. The last B & B I stayed it had their dining room like a small cafe, with individual tables and chairs. I definitely liked this much better. Carmine and Cheryl made Belgian waffles, offered juices and coffee, eggs made to order, ham, the potates, stay here if just for the potatoes! fruit, oh we were stuffed! They definitely go for that family feel! They might has well have been Auntie Cheryl and Uncle Carmine, they were that friendly and caring.

I surprised my husband by having an officiant come out to renew our vows; I told him we were having our pictures taken! Cloran Mansion offers a number of packages so don't forget to check that out. Carmine ended up taking pictures of the ceremony. Sure he's not a professional photographer and some of the pictures were taken in bad lighting but they also put it on a CD and personalized the CD cover. When I say this couple went above and beyond for a B & B I really mean it! I honestly have nothing bad to say about this place.

Oh, and I asked about a late check-out and if there would be an extra charge and they said no, they weren't having anyone else stay in the room so we could stay there until 5pm if we wanted to. (We ended up leaving around 2pm to walk around Galena, have lunch, etc.)

It was just a number of little things that just added up to a wonderful stay and again, really helped us make our first wedding anniversary something to remember. When we left, Cheryl gave us a huge hug, asked us to come back and said we'd have a ten percent discount on our next visit. Even though it was beautiful day, it was pretty cold with the snow and all, and I'm looking forward to being able to stay there for a weekend in the summer.

The only thing that might seem negative to some (which wasn't really for us because we were more interested in the room) is that this B & B is about a mile from Main St. but even that, it's a quick drive or a fifteen minute walk.

If you're looking for an amazing, completely romantic place to stay for the weekend with owners who are like family who try to help you any way that they can, this is definitely the B & B for you!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SCPV
Reviewed 15 February 2008

The Cloran Mansion B and B was more than we expected. Carmine and Cheryl are absolutly wonderful. Very hospitable. The room we stayed in was very beautiful and very accomidating. We will never stay in a motel or hotel again as long there are places like Cloran Mansion B and B around.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 26 January 2008

The tower room was so cozy and romantic. Galena is beautiful, but we just wanted to cuddle up in our room the whole time!!

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank farmcat
Reviewed 3 January 2008

We stayed over New Year's and nothing could have been better. The rooms were exactly as described on their website---it was freezing cold weather and the room we stayed in was warm and cozy. The hosts are personable without being intrusive; the breakfasts were delicious; the amenities great (truly complimentary pop and water in mini-fridge; huge selection of DVDs; games, etc); inviting, homey touches all over.
Definitely recommend staying there----I'm sure ANY season would be wonderful at Cloran Mansion B&B!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple