“Perfect place, perfect weekend!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galena
Cloran Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 33 Galena B&B and Inns
“Perfect place, perfect weekend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

For the first time we decided to do a bed and breakfast and based on the reviews I chose this place. we stayed in the condo which is about a 15 minute drive to the mansion but well worth it. The condo has an indoor poor, pool toble, ping pong table, fitness center etc.. we went to the mansion for dinner (added package) and had the dinning room (which by the way it is georgeous!) all to our selves. Super romantic! Cheryl put on some soft music for us and let us enjoy ourselves.

Breakfast was OUTSTANDING! Carmine makes award winning pesto potatoes among other delicious food. No need for lunch.

They do make you feel comfortable and we will be looking forward to going back soon.

KV

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank KMValles
cloran, Owner at Cloran Mansion Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Thank you for such a nice review. The Cloran Condo is our newest addition which we purchased a couple of years ago. We wanted to make it more than just a nice room in a nice Lodge and thru guest input we made changes and added amenities to make it an off site extension of us.
We're happy that you enjoyed our Condo and hope to see you again in the future. Have a wonderful Summer

Carmine and Cheryl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

First of all, I have a hard time believing when one business receives multiple 5 stars online from so many customers. In regards to Cloran Mansion, I am a believer!

This was our first stay here at Cloran Mansion and in Galena, IL; and let me just say Cheryl & Carmine really make you feel at home and are absolutely wonderful hosts. We were lucky enough to stay in the cottage next to the Mansion, they allowed us to bring our dog with us for a small fee, and they accommodated us to check in beyond 10pm when we arrived.

The cottage itself has heated floors throughout, fireplace, in-room spa tub, and an adorable little eating area. If that wasn't enough, Cheryl & Carmine also went out of their way to provide free cola (regular & diet), water, popcorn, coffee, tea, iron & ironing board, satellite TV with HBO, DVD player, and bath salt for the in-room spa!

Cheryl & Carmine also provided free shower gel for bathing (regular size mind you!), shampoo, and conditioner! Seriously, they literally thought of everything to make your stay enjoyable, including the peanut butter cookies with Hershey's Kiss waiting on the table for us after a long day walking around the town.

To save the best for last, let's just say the breakfast is MEMORABLE!!!!! Our first day there we ate the following: Cinnamon pancakes with white creamy topping, eggs to order, fresh hash browns, English muffins-buttered!, sausages, orange juice, coffee, and fresh fruit in a wonderful yogurt sauce. Mind you, this was all you can eat!!

On our second day there, our breakfast consisted of: French Toast, sausage patties, fresh fruit, fried potatoes sliced, eggs to order, orange juice, coffee, cranberry juice, and buttered toast. This was all you can eat as well!!!

In addition to the above, Cheryl & Carmine offer free Wifi in the Mansion and free Hotspot in the adjacent cottage.

If you are looking for a place that allows pets (cottage only) and is worth the money for ambiance and romance, then Cloran Mansion is it!!!!

Please take my advice, STAY HERE!!! You will be sorry if you don't.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pickleman773
cloran, Owner at Cloran Mansion Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Thank you so very much for such a warm and wonderful review. It's always a great feeling when our guests enjoy their stay and hopefully consider us their home away from home. You were such easy guests to host and so interactive with out other guests at breakfast. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon

Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

We came for a get away during spring break only to be rewarded with winter temperatures and blowing snow. The warm greeting of Cheryl, the cozy room with gas fireplace, and a long soak in the whirlpool for two quickly remedied our chilled bones. Lots of coffee and hot tea and a warm, bountiful breakfast sent us out for the day with a smile. We even braved walking downtown for a while in the cold. Grant's house and the Historical Museum are nice options for uncooperative weather.

2 Thank Melinda W
IL USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

We were married here and it was wonderful! My fiance and I wanted a small, simple, intimate wedding ceremony that still felt special--we are so glad we chose to do it at the Cloran Mansion. Galena is goregous with breathtaking valley views (you forget you are in Illinois) and character (the architecture of the homes in town are frozen in the time of the Civil War/Victorian era). The beauty of the town/area is why we chose to get married in Galena. Cheryl and Carmine (owners of the B&B) felt like family. They went out of their way to make the wedding day (and our 3 night stay) perfect. The house is beautiful--the rooms are cozy and full of character. We stayed in the Tower Suite and enjoyed the hot tub and decor of the room. The breakfasts were OUTSTANDING with amazing food (I especially enjoyed the cinnamon pancakes with cream cheese icing and the cherry popover pancakes--YUM!!!). Our family and friends that came to the "wedding" were welcomed as well and treated like family. It was a very special day and we will definitely return to the Cloran Mansion. We try to come to Galena every year for a romantic getaway and the Cloran will forever hold a special place in our hearts.

Room Tip: Cloran Condo is located near Eagle Ridge and is not on the B&B property.
2 Thank cloverleaf2
Peru, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

This is my second stay at the Cloran Mansion and I know if ever I need to amp up the romance this is exactly where I will go. I trust Cloran with the most significant milestones in my life. My husband and I celebrated our honeymoon here and here we are again to spend our last few days together before he ships off to Air Force basic training. I love everything about the mansion, the owners, the rooms, the location. We have stayed in both Anna's room and this trip the Tower Suite and they are both wonderful. The fireplaces are romantic the beds are comfortable and the two person whirlpool tubs are just perfect. They also have fun board games, cards, a movie library, tea, coffee, complimentary soda and water in your in-room fridge. I just can't say enough how much I love it here. And the breakfast..forget about it. It is to DIE for...so good..such good conversation with the owners and fellow guests. I know while my husband is away I will think back to every moment of this trip and it will get me through until I get to see him again. Thank you Cloran for being this place for us.

1 Thank Justine P
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

My Boyfriend and I just spent a lovely weekend at this adorable bed and breakfast. The inn keepers, Carmine and Cheryl are beyond hospitable. Our room was gorgeous. We stayed in Sara's suit which had a large king size bed, whirl pool tube for two, fireplace and a kitchenette stocked with sodas, water, coffee and tea. What i loved the most was all the little extras that you get without any extra cost. All the items in the fridge were complimentary, along with an extensive dvd library to get movies to watch, popcorn and cookies to snack on. Although snacks were not necessary as the breakfast was so extensive with made to order eggs, pancakes, potatoes fruit and coffee we didn't even have room for lunch. This was by far one of our favorite places to stay. Big thanks

1 Thank Toni F
Clinton, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary at the Cloran Mansion Condo this past weekend and had a wonderful time! Although we have stayed at numerous B & B around the world, I would have to say the Cloran is the BEST one we have ever visited. Carmine and Cheryl are fabulous and add the special touches that many B&B's do not. The room was clean, comfortable and extremely cozy. The breakfast was glorious!!! Don't waste your time looking for a better B & B to stay at in Galena you won't find one. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Cloran Mansion you will not be disappointed!!!!!!! Thank you Carmine and Cheryl for a wonderful and very memorable weekend!! We will definitely return.

1 Thank JHolland17
cloran, Owner at Cloran Mansion Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Thank you for staying with us this past weekend and we are so happy that you enjoyed the Cloran Condo. We bought the Condo a couple of years ago and although it is an upscale Lodge we tried our best to incorporate some B&B touches. Your review was greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon.