“Excellent place”

Cloran Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 32 Galena B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I booked the Cloran for our trip to Galena to celebrate our First Anniversary, which ended up doubling as our Babymoon. Carmine and Cheryl took such wonderful care of us!! We couldn't have been happier with our decision!! Everything was as wonderful as promised, and the food was AMAZING!!! I actually got some of the recipes. They even gave us a gift for our baby! Definitely going back for a getaway soon!!!

Room Tip: We Stayed in the Tower room, which has a whirlpool tub on the second level. The staircase is steep i...

Reviewed 16 June 2014

What a wonderful place to stay while visiting Galena! My wife and I were celebrating our 43rd anniversary and enjoyed every minute of our stay at the Cloran Mansion. Carmine and Cheryl are perfect hosts who made our stay a memorable one. The room was excellent, the grounds at Cloran are gorgeous, the breakfast was excellent, and both Cheryl and Carmine were full of information and recommendations that made our visit a wonderful experience. The little extras - homemade cookies in the afternoon and a personalized anniversary card - showed how gracious and caring the owners are. I would certainly recommend the Cloran to all our friends as a great place to stay in this historic tri-state area. Thanks for making this short get away really special!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I can not tell you how amazing The Cloran is! My fiance and I wanted a very small wedding, just immediate family, and we wanted to keep it sweet and simple. Cheryl helped arrange everything from the flowers, to the cake, to making sure we had extra Coke on hand for my hubby. Our family was so impressed with the location, and the day was perfect. We got married on October 26, 2013, and the weather was warm and mild. We were able to have our ceremony outside, and had some beautiful pictures.
I highly recommend staying in the Tower room, as it has its own turret with whirlpool and fireplace. The food is excellent, the hosts are down to earth and accomadating, and the house is simply amazing.
Can't wait to book our anniversary weekend!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Thank you Carmine & Cheryl! You two are the best. Our stays have been incredible. We absolutely love "Sara's Suite" and have it booked for the same weekend next year. Great food. Very "warm and cozy."

Room Tip: Have stayed in the "Tower Room" and "Sara's Suite." Highly recommend both.
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently eloped in Galena at The Cloran Mansion.From the time we arrived Cheryl and Carmine made us feel very welcome and assured us our stay and wedding would be perfect. We stayed in Antonio's Cottage which was so perfect and private! I definitely recommend trying the cottage! Our wedding day was perfect and my husband and I couldn't be happier! We had added on to our wedding a just for two package which included a private dinner in the cottage and a couples massage too! It was the best! The breakfast was amazing!!! I'm so glad we chose to elope to The Cloran Mansion!!! We definitely recommend Cloran Mansion, you will love Cheryl and Carmine!

The Kirkpatrick's

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Save your time & energy looking for THE place to just more than stay while in Galena! Treat yourself and your dear loved one joining you for a heart-warming, rejuvenating stay at this genuine bed & breakfast that goes above and beyond from the heart! Carmine and Cheryl truly make it more than their business to make sure your stay at the Cloran Mansion is a memorable one worth repeating again and again. You arrive as an acquaintance and leave as if you are a dear, chosen friend. Even a dear friend of mine chose to have her wedding there because of the genuine family feel that you experience. And I haven't mentioned breakfast yet? You will be spoiled with your royal breakfast spread awaiting you! Quite the delectable, freshly made options waiting for you to indulge in like Strawberry Swirl Pancakes to Perfect Breakfast Potatoes. This is just up the hill from town where you can enjoy a relaxing moment by the pond in the gazebo or a night-time fire with great conversation with other guests as well. You meet great people celebrating life at a B & B for the first time or for a repeat visit because they know where to stay. I plan on an annual visit every year because I make memories here every year.

Room Tip: Cottage for couples, family, or even a group of good friends.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had a very enjoyable visit to Galena. Due to no vacancy at the Mansion we stayed at the Condo which was a very nice place. Carmine and Cheryl served us absolutely wonderful breakfasts and Carmine offered many helpful tips on places to see and visit during the three days and four night visit. We will not hesitate to stay here again if the opportunity arises!