“A fantastic experience!”

Log Cabin Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 62 Restaurants in Galena
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“A fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

So glad we took the advice of our friends and went. As soon as we walked in we were greeted by two good-looking Greek men at the host station. They turned out to be the owners. When we nervously told them that we didn't have reservations because the place was packed they told us it wouldn't be a problem and that we would get seated as soon as they could. We only waited about 10 minutes at the bar which had its own piano and a joke telling bartender. When we went back to her table there is a price to find a cozy little booth in the corner. The service was excellent. And I highly recommend the dish I got. I had the four thick cut lamb chops, Greek style. Melt in your mouth and perfectly acceptable to chew them right off the bone. Yes. They are that good! My fiancé got the ribeye. It was one of the biggest I've ever seen. And perfectly cooked. They give you so much food. But I warn you, pace yourself.The wine list was great and we ended up ordering a bottle of wine off of the features list. I'm always excited to see frogs leap on a wine menu. Trust me. This is the place to go in Galena!

Belvidere, Illinois
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great choices for food. Wait staff wonderful at recommending food choices. Great amount of food for the prices.

Visited June 2014
Galesburg, Illinois
“Best steak and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Went there for our anniversary. The service was great....the steak was so tender you could cut it with a fork. I order mine well done and it was cooked to my liking. The salad was fresh, the bread was warm and they serve a little vegetable and dip appetizer. The owners are usually around and the staff is on their toes. Place has been there forever and just keeps getting better

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank joanschisler
Davenport, Iowa
“Great Dinner, we should of had our anniversay night meal here instead of waiting another night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had reservations and arrived early but the seated us immediately. I am sorry but I do not remember our young servers name but she was excellent. Came to our table bring fresh bread and crackers along with waiter and asked us if she could get us anything else to drink. She took our drink order and came back quickly with them. She mentioned the prime rib special and asked us if we had any questions about there menu which we did and she answered and suggested we try the flaming sagnaka which we did and it was fabulous along with the prime rib. After our appetizer she brought our salads (house Greek) and relish tray. Our prime rib arrived as ordered and was delicious. Our server came back many times asking if she could get us anything. Probably the best service we have had anywhere. Our whole dining experience was the perfect ending to our two-night stay. We will be back. Also as we were walking back to the car we noticed a couple looking at a menu outside another restaurant and told them just a block down the street was an excellent place the Log Cabin.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank finn1947
Waterford, Wisconsin
“Great Prime Rib”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

There were four of us and we all ordered prime rib. We all like different levels of done ness . All of us received exactly what we ordered. The service was great. The food was great.

• Visited May 2014