“A great place to stay in Galena.”
Review of Main Street Inn

Main Street Inn
Ranked #16 of 33 Galena B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Main Street Inn for a weekend getaway. The Inn is located on the main street in Galena on the upper lever of an historic building. We arrived at 5PM on Friday and were able to park directly in front of the Inn. Check-in was fast and convenient. Matt was very friendly and helpful through-out the stay.The Inn has 5 rooms. Our room (called the Europeean Suite was quite large and well decorated with a king sized bed, 2 easy chairs and a flat screen TV. The bathroom was large with plenty of room. The room even had a full sized (12 cup) coffee maker, a rarity today. Breakfast was sparse, but that did not matter to us as we ate at a great place called Otto's Place, which I highly recommend. Parking on the street is free, but from 10am to 5 pm, it is limited to 3 hours. The only time we had to park elsewhere however was Saturday afternoon.

I highly recommend this Inn if you want to be right in the heart of historic downtown Galena,; but want a nice quiet place to sleep.

2  Thank Tim&Bill

Reviewed 25 July 2013

The only thing this place had going for it was the close proximity to Main Street Shopping. The inn while reasonably clean but was in need of some serious TLC. There was no breakfast offering as advertised unless they called the two black bananas and three dusty apples that sat in a empty room as a continental breakfast. Not even morning coffee or tea to get your day started. While we managed the stairs (no elevator) up to the second floor rooms, this could be a huge issue for others. This establishment no way lives up the $125/night asking price. Our advise is to steer clear and look at one of the other 40+ B&B's and Inns in the immediate area.

2  Thank Tiltonites
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed at the Main Street Inn July 15-16 during my first visit to Galena. Even before my stay, however, Todd and Alana offered great suggestions (via email) for things to do, what to see, and where to dine. My room was spacious, clean, quiet and comfortable. The location is super - very close to scores of shops, historical attractions, specialty boutiques and various restaurants. I've already recommended the Inn to friends planning a visit, and am looking forward to my next stay here!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed at the Inn July 5th and 6th. The room was a bit on the small side. The property was clean and quiet. The location was very convenient and put us right in the middle of the activities in town. We did not have any interaction with the owner, The staff was courteous and helpful. The breakfast was below average as compared to other Inns/Bed Breakfasts that we have visited, Given the price of the room and the location I rate this as a good value. This is not a good property choice if you have trouble with stairs as the main entrance requires a long climb to the second floor where our room was located.

Room Tip: The Rose room is small so if you are looking for a spacious room choose one of the others. Our room...
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I just got back from spending two days at the inn with my mom. The room was clean, very comfortable, and very homy feeling. I slept like a baby. Add in the great location and ease of parking and you have a homerun for a vacation in Galena, Il. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Heidiberr
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here with my twin sister. The location is perfect. Parking was free and available. This Inn is clean and beautiful. It makes u feel as if you've stepped back in time with the decor and freely floors. There's nothing not to love about this place. Alana made check-in and out a breeze. We will definitely be back here!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 2 May 2013

My friend and I stayed for a night in April. The parking was easy, check-in was a breeze and the location was perfect. I did my research first and Main Street Inn was a great value. I will definitely be returning and would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends