“Great Time In Galena!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galena
Annie Wiggins Guest House
Ranked #22 of 32 Galena B&B and Inns
Sioux Falls, SD
“Great Time In Galena!”
Reviewed 31 January 2009

Wonderful experience. Superb breakfast! Felt right at home. A bit pricey, but otherwise we were satisfied.

• Liked — Friendliness of staff. At home feeling
  • Disliked — It would have been helpful to have had more counter space, but I do realize that this was meant to be as authentic as possible
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Illinois
Reviewed 19 January 2009

My boyfriend and I just returned from a two-night stay at the Annie Wiggins. We stayed in Annabella's room which was gorgeous. Our favorite part was the huge soaking tub for two. The bed was a little creaky, but I suppose that is to be expected from an antique. I looked at many Galena B&B's before deciding on this one - the decor was tasteful and authentic, not frilly and cutesy like so many other places I looked. The best surprise of our stay was the delicious breakfast that Wendy prepared each morning. The hot entrees, fresh fruit, and baked goods kept us going well into the afternoon. Our room also had nice touches like candles, bubble bath and wine glasses that added to the romantic atmosphere. The only problem we encountered was that the pipes in our bathroom were frozen one morning ( I think it was about -10 degrees that day) but Wendy was very accommodating and let us use a different room to shower.

We loved the Annie Wiggins Guest House and hope to be back soon!

• Liked — The home-cooked breakfast and romantic atmosphere
  • Disliked — The frozen pipes and cold bathroom
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 25 September 2008

We wanted a romantic getaway at a classy, historic place near downtown Galena and Annie Wiggins Guest House was everything we hoped for, and more. I did quite a bit of online research and didn't like the look of the rooms at many of the Galena B&Bs - the decor was too cute-sy and country. This b&b was classy and beautiful. The owner, Wendy, is very knowledgeable about the styles and decor of the late 1800s and the Victorian style of the house was amazing.

The room was elegant, spacious, comfy and well appointed. Breakfast was really yummy and enjoyable. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Location was nice, as it is near downtown (a 5 minute walk) but not in the crazy hustle & bustle of main street. I highly recommend it!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Sterling Heights ,MI
Reviewed 28 May 2008

We stayed at the Annie Wiggins Bed and Breakfast this past memorial day weekend and all I can say is WOW. This place is beautiful! The gardens are fragrant with lilacs and the sound of a fountian. The parlor is so comfortable and transports you back in time to the 1800's in every way. Wendy Heiken is as hospitable as she is beautiful and entertaining and she made us feel so at home.

Bottom line, I WILL be coming back and I recommend the same for all travelers.

• Liked — The hospitality and the comfort of the rooms, also the breakfast was great.
  • Disliked — Nothing, we didnt encounter any problems with the staff or the accomodations.
  • Stayed May 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minooka, IL
Reviewed 27 October 2007

My husband took me to Galena for a birthday getaway. We had a lovely time. I loved the grounds around the house. There were plush flowers of all different colors and dark green grass. We stayed in the Jenny room - which was so quaint and pretty. Our bed was very snuggly and comfortable so long as you did not wiggle around too much because the bed wiggled right along with you. The home itself was nicely decorated with some parts of the home being renovated.

Lemonade and tea were available 24:7 which was a nice treat. The parlor areas were beautiful and filled with books, photos, antiques, dresses, etc. It kept us well occupied.

We also did the haunted ghost tour which we thoroughly enjoyed and recommend to all who stop in Galena for a visit. I should say that the tour was included with the price of our room which was a nice bonus.

• Liked — The house decor
  • Disliked — I thought the staff could have been more inviting.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JennaFlop
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 August 2007

We just had our very private wedding ceremony in the garden of this property and stayed in Hattie's Room. Wendy and Bill were wonderful hosts! From feeding us awesome breakfasts to taking our photos to hosting a celebratory toast with the other guests of the inn, they made our stay very special and memorable. The grounds are gorgeous and very close to downtown. Can't wait to go back for our anniversary! Thanks!

• Liked — The authentic feel
  • Disliked — The room was a little small
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 January 2006

My husband and I stayed here over New Years weekend and had a wonderful time! Wendy was a very welcoming hostess and her breakfasts in the morning were amazing! We would highly recommend staying here while visiting Galena. Great for a romantic, quiet and relaxing time away!

• Stayed December 2005