“Great location with wonderful innkeepers!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Avery Guest House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galena
Avery Guest House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 33 Galena B&B and Inns
Iowa
“Great location with wonderful innkeepers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Avery Guest House! It was a short walk to Main Street, which was very convenient. It is tucked away in the trees, so even though you are close to Main Street, it still feels secluded.

The house itself is very nice and tastefully decorated. All of the guest rooms are on the second level, and there is also a shared space with a small refrigerator, games, and DVDs. The main floor has a nice sitting area where dessert awaited each evening and the dining area where the delicious breakfast is served each morning.

I think the best part of the Avery Guest House though is the innkeepers! Craig and Leslie are such gracious hosts, and it is evident that they love their B&B. They shared wonderful stories about themselves and the Galena area. I have never had so much fun eating breakfast with strangers! We enjoyed everything about our stay and would definitely recommend the Avery Guest House to everyone!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kmdIowa

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

I'm here right now at the Avery Guest House and don't want to leave my beautiful and comfy room, even to get the yummy and full cooked breakfast.  The love and care in every detail show in every aspect of this home.    Small details such as the tv/DVD in the room, central air plus individual AC in each room (very appreciated during my heat wave stay) and the immediate proximity to town - forgot to mention the very reasonable prices-make this guest house my return choice for next Galena visit.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank kkrow
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

This was a great bed & breakfast. It was very clean and the rooms were nice. The house has a good sitting area and a pretty porch. It is very close to town, about a five minute walk to Main Street, so you can just park your car and leave it if you want to stay in the quaint downtown area. Leslie and Craig are great hosts, I loved the breakfast and the desserts/coffee/tea in the evening was a nice treat. They will help you out with anything that you need. I would definitely stay at the Avery again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lynn Marie which was great, but I got to see a couple of the other rooms and they a...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jo_McPete
Morton, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

This was my first B&B and I loved it. We were greeted at the door and given a short tour of the house along with the history of the house. Decorations at Christmas were outstanding. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Very relaxing. Breakfast was superb and the hosts were engaging but not obtrusive at all. You can walk downtown from here. Would like to go back in the summer to enjoy the beautiful gardens and outdoor deck areas.

Room Tip: The back rooms have a better view but in the winter it did not matter.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JEBstuart
Germantown Hills, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

Wonderful accommodations and food. Quiet and clean with outstanding desserts and breakfasts. So enjoy coming here!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julie S
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

Craig and Leslie were wonderful hosts. We stayed at Avery for 3 nights as my husband and I were involved with a wedding at Galena cellars. The desert at night was a nice touch as we came "home" late evenings from wedding preperations. The Lynn Marie room was spacious and very nicely decorated. The bed soft with a lovely quilt. We had a private bath that was also spacious. The house was very clean and included many historic items of interest. My husband and I loved the porch in the evening. The location was very close to down town and had we had time we could have easily walked back and forth. Breakfast was delicious. The conversation easy even though we were with strangers thanks to Leslie and Craigs humor and stories. Leslie made sure I had a light breakfast before my matron of honor duties started on Saturday and arranged for me to have an iron to press my dress. I cant wait till our next stay. We will be back without hesitation!!

Room Tip: Thursdays are the cheapest nights.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Redkat_99
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2011

We stayed at the AVERY for Country Fair Weekend. We LOVE this weekend because of the Fair & all the hustle/bustle that is brought to Main Street. We were able to get a room due to a cancellation. EVERYTHING in town was fully booked & this was last minute for us. Our "usual" B&B in Galena has closed down, which we are pretty sad about. :-( The AVERY house is very quaint. It is an OLD house which I thought had a bit of an odd smell in the living room sitting area but I just learned to adjust to it. The innkeepers were VERY VERY friendly!!! The breakfast was wonderful! Very tasty & all the other people staying there were friendly as well. My husband & I were the youngest couple there (I'm 39 & he's 44). The chocolate cake dessert in the evening was TO DIE FOR!!!!! I took 2 pieces. Shame on me!! The BEST BEST part of this stay was that we could just walk to the fair. It was THAT close!!! I didn't have to worry about trying to find parking. That was a definate PLUS!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple