“A great bed and breakfast experience”

Belle Aire Mansion Guest House
Ranked #18 of 32 Galena B&B and Inns
Scotland
“A great bed and breakfast experience”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Easy to locate on outskirts of Galena. Less than 5 minutes into town. Rooms are spacious with home made cookies a nice touch. Breakfast was delicious and the hosts looked after us really well. Lots of local knowledge about things to do locally.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RebeccaKL

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I brought my wife here for a weekend birthday get away. My wife is severely gluten intolerant. I saw online they could accommodate people with food allergies so I gave them a call and explained the situation.

Lorraine stated they've had gluten intolerant people stay there before without any problems. She explained what they could do to make sure the environment was safe for my wife.

When we got there, Lorraine's husband Jan greeted us at the door and started talking about what they could do to make our experience great. He had even gone out and bought a new toaster to prevent cross contamination! At that point we knew we were in good hands.

We were able to spend a nice weekend without my wife having any reactions. As a couple relatively new to the gluten free world, traveling and staying someplace new is always a little scary but at Belle Aire, we were comfortable and well taken care of. If anyone has issue with gluten, this is a definite must stay!

The ONLY problem I had the whole weekend was bonking my head in the shower. If you're six feet or taller, you may have to duck a little bit.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Victoria room, but they had several room options each with it's own décor and a...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jon K
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

The folks at Belle Aire are WONDERFUL! The rooms are well appointedand cozy. Close to town, but not so close that you will be awaked by the towns numerous "Loud Pipes" that seem to frequent Galenain the summertime.If you stay In Townyou will have to deal with that drunken stupidity and noise. Belle Aire is very peaceful and tranquil. Book now! They're busy!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank vanishingpoint1
Stoughton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My wife and I came here for the weekend for our anniversary, and we had a great time. Lorraine and Jan were wonderful hosts. Our room was very nice, we even had a couples massage in our room (thank you Jerry and Sharon). Our breakfast both mornings were delicious, and Lorraine even gave us the recipes. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry H
Rockton, Illinois
Reviewed 27 April 2011

My boyfriend and I just returned from a wonderful 4-day weekend stay at Belle Aire Mansion Guest House. The Innkeepers were very attentive and kind, and they were understanding of our food allergies and went out of their way to accommodate us.

We had booked a suite, and the room really did live up to the high price tag. The hot tub was wonderful, relaxing, and easy to use. And, it was lovely to have enough space to comfortably eat breakfast in the room each morning. The view wasn't spectacular, but we were more concerned with relaxing indoors than looking outdoors.

Belle Aire Mansion is a wonderful place to relax and rejuvenate, and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to "get away from it all."

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keyes97
Chicago suburb
Reviewed 20 April 2011

We were in Galena for a few days of relaxation and stayed at the Belle Aire. Lorraine and Jane were great - very accommodating, tending to our every need. Room was clean and spacious, couldn't have asked for more. We'll definitely stay there on our next visit to Galena.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank granny043
Evanston, IL
Reviewed 29 September 2009

I stayed here for a little weekend getaway. The husband and wife who run it certainly love their jobs and it shows. They work very hard. I would prefer for my next visit to stay closer in town (I came a busy weekend and most inns were booked solid). The Breakfast was good but not great. I felt the decor was a little old and dusty.

Overall, the price is right and very fair value for what you get.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple