“Another great weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galena
Greenbriar Country Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 32 Galena B&B and Inns
Roselle
“Another great weekend”
Reviewed 6 December 2007

I've stayed at a number of B&Bs all over the country and The Greenbriar rates as one of my best stays. The innkeepers are so kind and Bill always has his finger on the pulse of Galena (I've obviously stayed here on other occasions.) It sure is like staying at home... but tidier! =) A+ for cleanliness!

• Liked — The location and the comfortable bed and linens
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Palm Springs, CA
Reviewed 20 September 2007

My girlfriend and I just stayed at the Greenbriar Country Inn and had a wonderful time. The accommodations were excellent and the food was great!
We loved the location and the fact that we were able to walk to the town for everything. The Innkeepers were very pleasant and provided all the information we needed. The service was superb!
We really enjoyed the high pillow top mattress and fireplace too ~ very beautiful rooms!
A + definitely recommend! We look forward to coming back again soon!!!

• Liked — Nice place, nice people, convenient location, relaxing, room was very clean.
  • Disliked — No complaints really...
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SRB77
Western Springs, Illinois
Reviewed 26 July 2007

We stayed at Greenbriar several years ago, tried some other places in Galena but we went back to Greenbriar and we will only stay there from now on. The location is perfect, the owner is very friendly yet very professional. We'll be heading back there in the fall to see the beautiful colors, to shop, and enjoy all the nearby activities.

• Liked — comfortable rooms and excellent service, lots of info on nearby restaurants and activities
  • Disliked — leaving
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linda13
Willowbrook, IL
Reviewed 24 July 2007

The hotel is breathtaking and we have never experienced such incredible service before. Galena is just such a beautiful place to visit. I've been hooked ever since my first visit four years ago. Sitting outside breathing in the clean air and watching the sun rise was pure ecstasy. My family and I found many wonderful activities to keep us entertained and all in walking distance. Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in!

• Liked — The people
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007
1 Thank DLR_7
Western Springs
Reviewed 23 July 2007

Beautiful, spacious rooms. Wonderful atmosphere. Very friendly staff. Every time I go to Galena, this is where I stay. If you like Galena, you will love The Greenbriar Inn. It fits very well with the cozy aesthetics that Galena offers.

• Liked — The atmosphere
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, Ca
Reviewed 23 July 2007

This atmospheric inn is the ideal place to get away from the city (or anywhere else, I suspect). This is especially true if you live in the middle of a great big city like LA and miss the quiet and the lushly green, uber-peaceful countryside where you spent so much time in the simpler days waaaaaay back when you were a kid. Considering that the place where I grew up in the Chicago suburbs has turned from rustic and idyllic to noisy and bustling with industry, the Greenbriar is the quintessential destination for a memorable stay. The accommodating innkeepers here (pun intended) could not be more gracious -- it was like being welcomed by family you haven't seen for years! Our suite was absolutely lovely -- chockfull of charming detail and so beautifully cared for and tended. We'll eagerly return to the Greenbriar anytime we need a little relaxation from the hustle and bustle of the crazy modern world around us!
Travis Holder, Los Angeles

• Liked — Atmospheric blast from the past!
  • Disliked — Nothing... it was perfection!
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BostonTee
Loves Park, IL
Reviewed 23 July 2007

My husband and I loved Greenbriar! Galena, IL is such a beautiful area, and Greenbriar Country Inn & Suites just topped off our trip! The rooms were wonderful, staff was super friendly, I can't think of a single thing I would change about that place. We are definitely going to go back for another visit.

Stayed July 2007