“Beautiful Setting”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galena
Greenbriar Country Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 32 Galena B&B and Inns
Missouri
“Beautiful Setting”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Absolutely beautiful setting, great landscaping and very peaceful. Service was wonderful and we loved our suite. Always clean and orderly, love the private parking and the oven fresh homemade bread was wonderful. Service was fantastic. Would definitely come back and recommend to family and friends. Very relaxing with deck, flower beds and gardens, quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank IrishholidayMissouri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Irving, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We've stayed at the Greenbriar in the past and had a great experience. This time was no different. The owner, Bill, is a fantastic guy. He always has suggestions on what to do and where to go while in Galena. We love the rooms and are always impressed with the cleanliness! That's the most important thing to me when I stay at a B&B. The breakfast is always great and substantial. You need a full stomach when you're out on Main Street looking for one-of-a-kinds! The Greenbriar is definitely a one-of-a -kind.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ChristinaTexas
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We have visited Galena twice now, the first time for our 1 year Anniversary and the second time recently for Valentines Day. Both times we stayed at the Greenbriar and had an excellent experience. Upon our arrival the owners Bill and Barbara were very friendly and welcoming. They were happy to provide information on the area and gave us local tour and attraction maps. Our room was nice and clean, and included a fireplace near the bed and a nice big bathroom. They had a complimentary assortment of coffee, tea and cocoa next to the brewer, and had stocked the fridge with some bottled water. In the morning we called the front desk to order our breakfast, which included a choice of: fresh fruit, juice, and muffin and was delivered straight to our door. The Greenbriar is our place to stay when in Galena and we would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heidi K
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. We enjoyed our stay. The room was very clean and the breakfast was fresh. The only draw back was there wasn't a microwave. They were awfully helpful when it came too activities in the area. Also the beds were very comfortable as though you were at home. I would return here for my next stay in Galena.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank crysddo
Puerto Aventuras
Reviewed 25 November 2012

My family enjoyed our recent stay at the Greenbriar Inn. Bill and Barbara were most polite and welcoming from our first email, to my phone call to schedule the reservation, to our arrival, to our departure! Pleasant people that run a clean and tidy B&B. Great location, well within walking distance to main shop/eating areas. The Magdelena was clean, comfortable with plenty of room. I was warned upon booking that it was close to highway and may have some noise but, really, it was not bothersome at all. I don't believe the interior decor (and I'm into that sort of thing) was representative of the federal style home but, none-the-less, it was well kept and clean. My children loved the place! If I had to suggest something to improve upon, it would be the breakfast. It was yummy, no doubt but, lacking protein and we were headed out for two days of adventure! It would be nice if it were more of a balanced breakfast. I would definitely stay there again, in fact I was quite surprised they had an opening at such short notice of my scheduling. I also, thought it was quite odd that I could not book via website and had to call to book but, that sort of personal hospitality is EXACTLY what we LOVED about Greenbriar Inn!

Room Tip: Just ask Bill and Barbara and they will find you a good fit for your stay!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Greenbriar Inn for a 2 night stay. This was botb of our first time ever staying at a bed and breakfast, we were very pleased. When checking in, lady running the office was very nice and helpful to us; as we didn't know to much about Galena. She gave us several maps and drew out short cuts to get down town and where to find certain places. Our room was on the first floor, off of the kitchen. Whole place very clean, comfy bed, great shower. The continental breakfast was a wide array of fruit, fresh baked breads and moist delicious muffins also coffee hot coco and fruit juices. My overall experience was great. If I had anything negitive to say, it would be that our room door was very flimsy (not soild) door with about 1-2 inch gaps above and below door. So the hall/dinning room lights shinned through at night and door didnt keep much noise out. Truly this Inn is a great place so glad we stayed and I look forward to staying again sometime!!

• Stayed October 2012
Villa Park, Illinois
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Just returned today from Galena. Our stay at a wonderful B&B - Greenbriar Country Inn & Suites couldn't have been more pleasurable. As always, checked out Trip Advisor before we booked and after reading all of the favorable reviews, wasn't sure why there were any rooms available as we booked less than 3 weeks in advance. This is the first time we stayed at a B&B and were very pleased. When I booked, I was told that one night we were able to book a suite; but the other night we would be booked in a regular room in a different building and that our transition would be seamless. It sure was. Our first room was a suite which was a bit more money than a regular room and that was fine. With a suite, a breakfast basket is delivered to your door within 10 minutes of a call. All yummy items. The most important thing for me when booking anywhere is "cleanliness". The Greenbriar couldn't be kept any cleaner. The rooms were spotless and the grounds just beautiful (decorated with fall items....pumpkins, fall wreaths). The proprietor lives in the building where the office is. A wonderful woman helps manage everything for Bill, the owner, and she is very thorough and explains literally "everything" about your room and is helpful with regard to restaurants and things to do. There is ample parking and the walk to Main Street is only a few minutes (which is great as parking is literally impossible to get on a weekend.

The second night we were in a buiding which had 3 or 4 other rooms. We were able to access a dining room/kitchen area of the building where a continental breakfast was laid out for you each morning at 8 a.m. You also had access to coffee, refrigerator, microwave, etc. Plenty of board games and a screened porch which was the only area "smokers" would be able to go if necessary. We were gone mostly during the day as we headed to Dubuque only 20 minutes away to gamble at Diamond Jo and Mystique Casino.

My recommendation is "Thumbs Up" for this gem. There is absolutely no negatives about it. We would "definitely" return there should we visit Galena again and will recommend all our friends.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple