“Excellent Service and Amenities”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galena
Greenbriar Country Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 33 Galena B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Simply put...WOW. Service was impeccable, suite accommodations fantastic. We set on a bench one night and watched deer walk right by us. Walking distance to downtown area shopping was just an added plus. You'll love every moment of this quit spot in the middle of town.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Absolutely beautiful setting, great landscaping and very peaceful. Service was wonderful and we loved our suite. Always clean and orderly, love the private parking and the oven fresh homemade bread was wonderful. Service was fantastic. Would definitely come back and recommend to family and friends. Very relaxing with deck, flower beds and gardens, quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank IrishholidayMissouri
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We've stayed at the Greenbriar in the past and had a great experience. This time was no different. The owner, Bill, is a fantastic guy. He always has suggestions on what to do and where to go while in Galena. We love the rooms and are always impressed with the cleanliness! That's the most important thing to me when I stay at a B&B. The breakfast is always great and substantial. You need a full stomach when you're out on Main Street looking for one-of-a-kinds! The Greenbriar is definitely a one-of-a -kind.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChristinaTexas
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We have visited Galena twice now, the first time for our 1 year Anniversary and the second time recently for Valentines Day. Both times we stayed at the Greenbriar and had an excellent experience. Upon our arrival the owners Bill and Barbara were very friendly and welcoming. They were happy to provide information on the area and gave us local tour and attraction maps. Our room was nice and clean, and included a fireplace near the bed and a nice big bathroom. They had a complimentary assortment of coffee, tea and cocoa next to the brewer, and had stocked the fridge with some bottled water. In the morning we called the front desk to order our breakfast, which included a choice of: fresh fruit, juice, and muffin and was delivered straight to our door. The Greenbriar is our place to stay when in Galena and we would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heidi K
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. We enjoyed our stay. The room was very clean and the breakfast was fresh. The only draw back was there wasn't a microwave. They were awfully helpful when it came too activities in the area. Also the beds were very comfortable as though you were at home. I would return here for my next stay in Galena.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank crysddo
Reviewed 25 November 2012

My family enjoyed our recent stay at the Greenbriar Inn. Bill and Barbara were most polite and welcoming from our first email, to my phone call to schedule the reservation, to our arrival, to our departure! Pleasant people that run a clean and tidy B&B. Great location, well within walking distance to main shop/eating areas. The Magdelena was clean, comfortable with plenty of room. I was warned upon booking that it was close to highway and may have some noise but, really, it was not bothersome at all. I don't believe the interior decor (and I'm into that sort of thing) was representative of the federal style home but, none-the-less, it was well kept and clean. My children loved the place! If I had to suggest something to improve upon, it would be the breakfast. It was yummy, no doubt but, lacking protein and we were headed out for two days of adventure! It would be nice if it were more of a balanced breakfast. I would definitely stay there again, in fact I was quite surprised they had an opening at such short notice of my scheduling. I also, thought it was quite odd that I could not book via website and had to call to book but, that sort of personal hospitality is EXACTLY what we LOVED about Greenbriar Inn!

Room Tip: Just ask Bill and Barbara and they will find you a good fit for your stay!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Greenbriar Inn for a 2 night stay. This was botb of our first time ever staying at a bed and breakfast, we were very pleased. When checking in, lady running the office was very nice and helpful to us; as we didn't know to much about Galena. She gave us several maps and drew out short cuts to get down town and where to find certain places. Our room was on the first floor, off of the kitchen. Whole place very clean, comfy bed, great shower. The continental breakfast was a wide array of fruit, fresh baked breads and moist delicious muffins also coffee hot coco and fruit juices. My overall experience was great. If I had anything negitive to say, it would be that our room door was very flimsy (not soild) door with about 1-2 inch gaps above and below door. So the hall/dinning room lights shinned through at night and door didnt keep much noise out. Truly this Inn is a great place so glad we stayed and I look forward to staying again sometime!!

• Stayed: October 2012