“We are still smiling!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galena
Tierra Linda Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 32 Galena B&B and Inns
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“We are still smiling!”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

The property is a heaven for humans and canines. My dog is truly depressed since leaving this great place. Freshly grilled chicken and homemade soup for the dogs and yummy breakfasts for my family was wonderful.

If you like hiking, great company, good food, playing on a beach/pond...this is the place for you. It is only a short drive into Galena for some great shopping.

We will definitely visit again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Hoth98

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Eagle, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My husband and I had visted Tierra Linda with our great niece and nephew last year as their Christmas present. We asked them where they would like to go this year-Armando and Tierra Linda was the choice. Of course we had a wonderful time, got to see the persied meteor showers and the best of all for me was spending time with Armando's 2 new puppies- Gabby and Lilly. Our two dogs are very much at home at Tierra Linda and adore Armando and his nightly chicken soup or barbecue. We also arranged an onsite massage on the private beach deck, a relaxing time for all full of laughter, adventure and nature.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank den1anddeb1
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We spent the weekend at Tierra Linda with our two poodles. It truly is a paradise for dogs. They ran through the forest trails, swam in the pond, rolled in the sand, ate BBQ, and slept like babies. We did most of the same activities and enjoyed it just as much. Armando served a great breakfast and the room was very comfortable. We'll be back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Tierra Linda really was a wonderful retreat away from the local tourist traps. I stayed there with my two dogs, a rotty and a terrier mix, over a short weekend. While there Armando prepared a nice campfire and cooked dinner over the fire. I sat out on the peaceful private beach and let my dogs explore the grounds independantly off leash.

The room had a beautiful view with a cozy claw foot tub just under the window. The house is charming, with all the flare and practicality of 19th century architecture.

Armando is a wonderful host too! He's definitely the kind of guy you want to share a beer with around the camp fire.

• Stayed June 2012
Antioch, IL
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My husband and I went to Galena for our wedding anniversary. Since we had our dogs, we had to find accomodations that were pet friendly. I stumbled upon Tierra Linda and are we glad we did. We LOVED the property, the peace and quiet, watching and hearing all the birds, and our bedroom was so simple yet beautiful. I wish we could have stayed more than one night. Our dogs were in heaven and loved meeting and playing with Willow. We will definitely go back.

1 Thank Sheri G
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Tierra Linda is one of my favorite places ever. Not only is the landscape gorgeous and the host generous and friendly, but it is a place where you can feel completely free and at peace. Start the day with a delicious home cooked breakfast, swim all day in the completely private natural spring fed pond with a sandy beach, hike at dusk in the magical sunset light through winding paths and natural beauty, enjoy the night with dinner and company by the campfire, and curl up in an adorable guest room with a comfy bed and claw foot tub. Armando is a kind and compassionate host and any guest (including the doggies!) are treated like old friends. It is a wonderful retreat for couples or families or anyone that just needs a little time to relax, recharge, and reconnect with nature. Armando asked me to what place I would compare Tierra Linda, and I told him I couldn't think of any other place on Earth like it!

South Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Our dog Ruby is still asleep this morning.No doubt dreaming of her wonderful adventure at Tierra Linda.If you truly love your dog,then take them to visit Armando and his hostess/dog Willow.This is truly a dog paradise.No leashes,just freedom.Freedom to run the paths through the woods and fields,to swim in the ponds and chase the fish and tadpoles,romp on the beach and just be free.However this is much more than a dog heaven,it is great for humans too.If you want to swim,lay on the beach,sleep in a hammock in the sun,watch the dogs frolic,watch the birds and hummingbirds fly,watch the clouds in the sky and check out stars at night that you can actually see without the bright city lights then this place is for you.Armando is a wonderful host,who will amuse you with his great stories or leave you to rest in the tranquility of a true nature preserve.Close to town and yet in a world of it's own.My wife and I and of course Ruby,the dog,came away fresh and renewed,although Ruby did require alot of sleep on the way home.Being a dog on vacation is hard work.But for us it was refreshing and I greatly recommend for anyone who loves nature and is looking to destress and relax and hey,dogs need a vacation too.