“Great lunch spot”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The atmosphere is classic Galena. Brick walls, old style Italian eatery. We always start with the Bruschetta and it is excellent. Usually it is served cold but at Cannova's it's warm.....very tasty. My daughter and I split a 12" pizza and it was the perfect size. We both like thin, crispy crust and the pizza is outstanding. My wife had the chicken sandwich and it was very good. I think this is in the top three in places in Galena.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The dinners are all good. The bread is irresistible. But I must have the pizza every time I go. Have always had good service.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Many thanks to the staff at Cannovas. We got there probably 15 minutes before close, and they were super accommodating. The pizza is really the best in town. Traditional Italian style pizza with top-notch ingredients. Awesome.

April took care of us, and was perfect. She improved our visit from great to excellent.

Our table of "douches" will definitely be back... if they let us in the building.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I ate here almost 14 years ago when we were there to celebrate our 20th anniversary, and now, I went with my daughter for a break from teaching (spring break). The salad was good, the wine was excellent, and we both loved our California pizza!!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our pizza and chicken piccata. While there are on beers on tap, you can get a cold one in a frosted glass. We tried the the carrot cheese cake, which at best, is average. They also have some better teas but no espresso. Parking is difficult even in the off season. Make a left after the restaurant and you may find a spot on the hill.