“No complaints, nice/clean place!”

Best Western Designer Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Galena
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We really liked this place. # 1, it was clean! That always means the most to me! It's not right downtown but only a few mintues away. The lady that checked us in was the nicest! The breakfast was good and they had a big variety. The night we stayed it was packed but we didn't hear any noises and had no problem sleeping. The beds & pillows were good, no complaints at all. I will be staying again on my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 October 2011

My husband and I took a little road trip this past weekend to Galena and stayed at the Best Western Designer Inn and Suites. We had a wonderful time. This hotel is immaculate and the staff are wonderful. Very personable and professional. I usually have an awful time sleeping in hotels, but not this one. The mattress was very comfortable and the pillows are like sleeping on a cloud. Our room was very comfortable and roomy. The free breakfasts were also remarkable. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We decided to book a long weekend on fairly short notice (1 week) and tried the B&Bs first, but they were all booked in our price range. The DeSoto Hotel was WAY too expensive. Found this little gem on Hotels.com, but got an even better rate through the BW website using our AARP card. The rooms were surprisingly HUGE, more like a mini-suite, with fridge, microwave, and large sitting area with sleeper couch, three armchairs and a desk with chair. Being on the 2nd floor, we also had a door leading out to a balcony that overlooked a nice wooded area. The room was very clean and the bathroom was a good size. They offered a free breakfast with hot items -- palatable, although they use powdered eggs (yuck), but waffle and biscuit/gravy lovers would enjoy it. Main St. is just 5-10 minutes drive, so save your calories for a hearty breakfast at a cafe. Lots of good restaurants to choose from. All in all, would definitely recommend and stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor facing away from the street. They are right on Rt. 20 - main road...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Just a quick note to say how impressed I was with every aspect of my recent stay--from the price, room amenities, location, breakfast and Christine, the clerk who assisted me at check in. I visit the area frequently (Sinsinawa Mound) and usually stay at Eagle Ridge; however, because they were unable to accommodate me over the holiday weekend, I stopped in this Best Western on my way to check availability...and I am so glad I did! I have already told friends and family about it and passed out a few of your brochures. Thank you for
a comfortable and friendly stay--and even your proximity to Happy Joe's! It all worked out so much better than expected.

Room Tip: I loved the first floor and the access outdoors from the room. It was all so perfect.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2011

The desk clerk was so helpful and knowledgeable about the Shopping, Restaurants and Sights. Galena is a great place for a couples getaway and this Best Western is Close to the action. There is a nice Irish Pub right next door with entertainment. We reserved a Hot Tub Room which had it's own door to the parking lot and had a nice little place to sit outside and enjoy the weather. Everyone was friendly and you can eat a nice breakfast for free. Coffee is always available. when we go back we will definitely stay here again. Lee and Cindy O.

Room Tip: Get one if the Hot Tub rooms, or try the new couples fantasy suites.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeRoy O
Reviewed 2 September 2011

This was my 1st visit to Galena and this great hotel. I was so impressed....the staff was very friendly and efficient. My room was so large with a king size bed, dresser, whirlpool tub, refrigerator & microwave + nice bathroom + comfy chairs. It was so clean I felt comfortable right away. They have great beds, linens & pillows to give you a good nights sleep. We had so much fun. I was here for a girls trip to enjoy the unique shops, restaurants & entertainment that Galena has to offer. We were not disappointed.....this is a fun place to visit & a great hotel to stay at. The continental breakfast was very good and had many choices. They have a nice pool but we were too busy to use it this time. "I loved it and will bring my husband back soon". We may even try one of the fantasy suites.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2011

This motel is well located on Rt. 20 east of the river in Galena. The motel was clean, nicely decorated, had a nice staff, and most importantly......our room was great! Clean, roomy, and quiet! Comfy beds. Nice indoor/outdoor pool. Good continental breakfast. Just a real nice place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galena
Ramada Galena Hotel and Day Spa
#11 of 11 in Galena
8 mi away
Baymont Inn & Suites Bellevue
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa

Been to Best Western Designer Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!