The Inn at Irish Hollow
Best Western Designer Inn & Suites(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$78
US$94
US$90
Ramada Galena Hotel and Day Spa(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$77
Grant Hills Motel(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$65
Stoney Creek Inn(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$89
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$190
US$99
US$94
DeSoto House Hotel(Galena)
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsthe cottagesstation housegardener's cottagegeneral storesimple supperpicnic lunchmy husband and igourmet foodcountry roadstone fireplacethe main housescreened in porchbeyond compareslice of heavenget awayeggs florentinecouples massage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2007

We are always looking for a good weekend getaway place, and recently stayed at one of the cottages at the Inn. It was a great experience from start to finish. The check in was efficient, yet informative, and the cottage itself was gorgeous. In fact, we both commented that if we had a weekend place, we would design it much like the cottage itself. There were many thoughtful touches, including the handmade chocolates in the refrigerator.

The breakfast was creative and delicious.

The location of the inn is a little far out if you are planning to have dinner with drinks in town, but the setting is so serene and beautiful, that we found it very worth the drive.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2007

I booked the Inn at Irish Hollow to celebrate our first wedding anniversary and my parents 41st anniverary. Arriving to the General Store after an idyllic drive through gorgeous countryside, we were greeted by Tony who could not have been friendlier or more helpful. We each checked in to the English cottages set back on the estate, and were stunned at how beautifully appointed each cottage was, with enormous bathroom and whirlpool tub, split level living and sleeping areas dissected by an enormous stone hearth, and wonderful antiques and furnishings throughout. The screened-in porches were a little slice of heaven. Handmade chocolates and a chilled bottle of champagne were laid on, and each day, a fresh baked treat was left for us after the room had been cleaned.

Daily breakfast (three courses!) made from scratch by uber chef Matthew each moring was served in the General Store and is the best I've ever experienced; home made organic raspberry and vanilla fruit smoothies, eggs benedict, scrambed egg with dill, griddle cakes with roasted red pepper cream sauce, freshly squeezed orange juice, warm carrot cake muffins... Matthew (who doubled up as our server) had lots of helpful tips and recommendations for local restaurants and walks and is an expert on the local area.

The estate is situated just 15 minutes drive from Galena, and yet another world away in terms of utter relaxation. You can tell the pride and care our hosts take in this wonderful place.

Intimate, romantic, incredible--we will definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Catherine E
Reviewed 20 May 2007

My husband and I stayed in the French Maids Cottage in mid-April. I found the Inn to be very charming and peaceful. The grounds are beautiful - in the middle of farmland, with great walking paths through their acreage. Please note that the Inn is about 8 miles from downtown Galena, and it's a very hilly, dark and curvy drive if you tried to do it at night.

We stayed in the French Maids Cottage, which is the oldest of the 3 current cottages. While it was charming and fun to be in an 1800s era building, I felt like it needed some maintenance. The cottage was updated 10 years ago, and I think could be updated again. The bathroom was not what I expected for the price I was paying ($700+ for 2 nights). The brass fixtures were peeling, the shower was a little moldy (and tiny), and the bath products were very average. The place was also a little dusty, as if no one had stayed there for a while. The whole weekend I was wishing we had stayed at one of the other more expensive and newer cottages.

The food was simply amazing - very gourmet and rich. You will not leave hungry. My husband felt like they tried too hard to make the food fancy and gourmet, but I appreciated all the fresh ingredients. However, it was very rich food.

I would definitely go back, however, I would not stay in this cottage again. I would stay in one of the English Cottages. For the amount of money we paid for Galena, I expected a little more.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank badger90
Reviewed 15 December 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Inn (in a guest room, not a cottage) and had the most wonderful time. The attention to detail - whether it be the decor of the place, the grounds, the FOOD - is unmatched. No detail was overlooked. I cannot say enough great things about our stay - you will not regret booking at this spectacular B & B!

Stayed: November 2006
2  Thank MissSugarJones
Reviewed 28 October 2006

My husband and I stayed in the the English Cottage and loved every minute of it! The smell of a wood burning fire place was wonderful as soon as you walked in. There was also a romantic cd playing and some chocolate waiting on our bed for us. All the decorations, the comfy bed, the tub for 2, the private back porch, all of it is something we will never forget and we cannot wait to go back there!

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled as a couple