Stayed at Stoney Creek Inn during our visit to Galena. The hotel is decorated in a rustic, backwoods decor. They have a small bar/lounge which we did not use but noticed people still sitting there at 10 PM when we returned from the casino (DiamondJos) in Dubuque. The hotel and rooms were very clean which again is very important to us. They have an indoor poll which we did not use. Checkin and checkout went smoothly and the staff was very friendly. Breakfast was your average hotel breakfast but we don't stay at a hotel because of the breakfast they serve. The only downside to the rooms was the size of the bathroom, very small. I thought the price was great for the quality of the hotel. We would definitely stay again when in the area. We ate at Dirty Guerts downtown Galena and was very satisfied with the service and food. We also took the trolley ride and tour of Galena and was enjoyed it, we used the trolley were the proceeds benefited the Galena Historical Society. Guide was very knowlegable on the history of the city. Enjoyed our trip and wasn't disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gravitate to Galena. After a wonderful day shopping more than 100 antique stores, marveling at historic 19th-century architecture, playing a round of championship golf, hitting the slopes or experiencing one of Galena's many unique restaurants, the Stoney Creek Hotel rooms and theme suites are the perfect place to unwind. Relax by the fire or in our indoor heated pool. We look forward to your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Stoney Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoney Creek Inn Galena Hotel Galena
- Stoney Creek Galena
- Stoney Creek Hotel Galena