We travel to Galena at least once a year and have decided that this is our new home away from home. We have stayed in the premier suite at this hotel twice and absolutely love it. It has a golf theme throughout the room. There is a kitchen area with a microwave, large refrigerator, coffeepot and toaster. There is also a sink area and they provide real dishes. There is a nice cafe dining table. The living area has a very comfortable couch, table, desk and lounge chair, along with a large tv. There is also a very nice gas fireplace, perfect for cool fall evenings. The bathroom is large, although the shower stall is a bit small. It does have dual shower heads and a steam shower, which helps make up for the size. The bedroom is private- sectioned off from the rest of the suite with french doors. I especially love this because I am an earlier riser than my spouse and can relax in the living room knowing I'm not disturbing him.There is also a huge hot tub in the bedroom, along with a second flat screen tv. Very nice. There are two very large closets in the suite, so suitcases and all other travel stuff can be hidden away, further helping you feel you are at home, rather than on the road. I find that this room has everything I need to have a great vacation.
The staff has been extremely helpful and friendly both times we've stayed there. Every request or question was answered to my total satisfaction.
The breakfast is available early. There is a great variety of both hot and cold items. Mostly what you would expect from a free breakfast at a hotel.The breakfast room is charming, although I admit our suite was so nice I chose to always eat there.
The rest of the hotel is equally as charming, It is all decorated in a rustic, woodsy theme.
There is a pool and publc hot tub area, and an exercise room. The vending room has coupons for local businesses and restaurants.
This hotel is about a five minute drive from the downtown historic shopping district. There is a large full service grocery store within walking distance. We find we can justify the slightly higher room rate for this suite (versus their other suites) by preparing meals from the store in the room, instead of eating out at restaurants. Most of the restaurants in Galena are fairly expensive. For those who do want to eat out, there is a Mexican restaurant and a new Chinese buffet also within walking distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gravitate to Galena. After a wonderful day shopping more than 100 antique stores, marveling at historic 19th-century architecture, playing a round of championship golf, hitting the slopes or experiencing one of Galena's many unique restaurants, the Stoney Creek Hotel rooms and theme suites are the perfect place to unwind. Relax by the fire or in our indoor heated pool. We look forward to your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Stoney Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoney Creek Inn Galena Hotel Galena
- Stoney Creek Galena
- Stoney Creek Hotel Galena