“I love this place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Galena
South Holland, IL
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

We travel to Galena at least once a year and have decided that this is our new home away from home. We have stayed in the premier suite at this hotel twice and absolutely love it. It has a golf theme throughout the room. There is a kitchen area with a microwave, large refrigerator, coffeepot and toaster. There is also a sink area and they provide real dishes. There is a nice cafe dining table. The living area has a very comfortable couch, table, desk and lounge chair, along with a large tv. There is also a very nice gas fireplace, perfect for cool fall evenings. The bathroom is large, although the shower stall is a bit small. It does have dual shower heads and a steam shower, which helps make up for the size. The bedroom is private- sectioned off from the rest of the suite with french doors. I especially love this because I am an earlier riser than my spouse and can relax in the living room knowing I'm not disturbing him.There is also a huge hot tub in the bedroom, along with a second flat screen tv. Very nice. There are two very large closets in the suite, so suitcases and all other travel stuff can be hidden away, further helping you feel you are at home, rather than on the road. I find that this room has everything I need to have a great vacation.

The staff has been extremely helpful and friendly both times we've stayed there. Every request or question was answered to my total satisfaction.

The breakfast is available early. There is a great variety of both hot and cold items. Mostly what you would expect from a free breakfast at a hotel.The breakfast room is charming, although I admit our suite was so nice I chose to always eat there.

The rest of the hotel is equally as charming, It is all decorated in a rustic, woodsy theme.
There is a pool and publc hot tub area, and an exercise room. The vending room has coupons for local businesses and restaurants.

This hotel is about a five minute drive from the downtown historic shopping district. There is a large full service grocery store within walking distance. We find we can justify the slightly higher room rate for this suite (versus their other suites) by preparing meals from the store in the room, instead of eating out at restaurants. Most of the restaurants in Galena are fairly expensive. For those who do want to eat out, there is a Mexican restaurant and a new Chinese buffet also within walking distance.

1 Thank MotherOfTwoSons

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2010

This place is an absolute unique wonderful place. A joy to visit and stay. Merlin Bray

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Macomb, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2010

We have stayed in many, many different properties over the years,
but this experience is one of the best we have ever had. From check-in to check-out we
we felt as if we were staying at an expensive bed and breakfast. We were able to thumb
through a thick notebook of restaurant menus that helped us map out
wonderful lunches and dinners in Galena. The staff was able to
answer questions we had about any given restaurant.

The manager, Dena Fairbanks, was the highlight of our Galena experience. We
had several conversations and when we left Galena, we had a new friend in her.
(I plan to take a group of my friends to Galena for a Girls' Getaway and she had
fantastic suggestions for the 2 days.)

The rooms are very comfortable and the price is reasonable, and more importantly,
the customer service is outstanding. We are looking forward to more visits to
Stoney Creek and plan on taking busloads of friends to share this experience!
(Ladies, the shopping in Galena is WONDERFUL.)

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2010

Clean hotel, reasonable price and a stones throw to the tourist area of downtown. The staff was super friendly, free breakfast was plenty and quiet as the Northwoods.
We highly recommend it!

Glenn & Gina from Chicago

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

Rooms were clean, comfortable, and amenities were more than adequate for our needs. Breakfast was the best we have ever encountered during any of our trips. Cost was reasonable for the area. I believe we might have received a mid-week discount. I would recommend Stoney Creek Inn to anyone traveling to Galena.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Wadsworth, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

I have stayed at this inn several times and have always loved the friendliness and beautiful accommodations. At my most recent stay I accidentally and unknowingly left over $100.00 in cash in the room after checking out. I was on my way home when I received a surprise phone call from the Stoney Creek Inn manager informing me that the staff found the money and wanted me to have it back. Experiencing such honesty in today's world is rare and almost unheard of. Not only is this a great place to stay which I have always enjoyed but you know you can totally trust everyone who works there.
Katherine from Wadsworth, Il

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank storm16
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2010

We're travel agents & were curious. Have been referring clients here for years. We were overjoyed: The staff was fabulous.EVERYTHING WORKED! We just returned from a luxurious cruise on the OASIS and this was what we thought about this place! We were checked in by Scott. The manager , Dena, was the best, very sweet and fun to talk with. The hotel was immaculate.The bathrooms were clean in our room and by the pool. They provide plenty of pool towels and have an indoor pool and jacuzzi. It is fresh.We were so relaxed we slept in until 10AM and had to run to get breakfast. We normally get up by 8AM! There is a charming tiny bar and a great breakfast area. The rooms have so many cute touches. The hotel is immaculate.It is family owned and there is plenty of parking. The showers are clean. The soaps and lotion are very classy. The breakfast person was kind, quick &hygenic. The coffee was tasty, available all day with flavored creamers, and the free breakfast was a welcome treat:plenty of variety.They also have a suite which has a large area w/jacuzzi tub, fireplace and frige/microwave and pull out sofa. This is the room I prefer. It compares to the price of the popular lodge there but is preferable in my opinion, hands down! Unique rooms/themed w/personal touches. The place is great. Will definately try and visit it annually. Can be a romantic getaway. Best location: Shopping, food , a quick drive into Galena which is a blast.Iowas gamblin is also close by. We rented mopeds to the winery and horseback. A+for this hotel. The only thing I would recommend to make this better for us would be at least one more piece of exercise equipment so two can work out. The room now has one treadmill and a weight set. A gem! PS YOU would not guess how charming it is from the outside..

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple