“Best ribs in Galesburg, IL”
Review of Rib Shack

Rib Shack
Ranked #6 of 96 Restaurants in Galesburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Galesburg, Illinois
“Best ribs in Galesburg, IL”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Restaurant is almost always busy. Food is great and plenty to eat. I really like the BBQ beef sandwich dinner. BBQ beef sandwich, baked beans and baked potato. My wife likes the BBQ chicken with all white meat.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Michael L

Galesburg, Illinois
“Familiar, but oh so good”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We used to live in Galesburg ten years ago and we still love to go to this place when we return. Occasionally we eat inside which has a picnic atmosphere but we usually order to go. Hubby's favorite is the ribs, fries, and beans. My all time best pick is the 1/4 bbq chicken, baked potato, and bbq beans.

You can't go wrong eating here!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank MeryMeCo
IL
“One of the BBQ standards.”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Take the name literally. It is a shack. But it is a shack that serves very good BBQ
This small joint has been around since the 1950's, and I am seldom disappointed with
anything i order. I live an hour away, but if I go to Galesburg, this is where I want to eat.
The onion rings are a must, fantastic. The ribs are always very good, meaty with
good smoked flavor, not at all fatty like some ribs can be. I have noticed a leftover taste
with the pulled pork on occasion. Brisket is good. Sides are usually very good, the coleslaw is sometimes the best I have had, at other times only very good. Baked beans are yummy (I always add a little of the spicy BBQ sauce). Baked potato not really baked (wrapped in foil), but still large and in charge. American and French Fries are tasty (I dip the Frenchies in the BBQ sauce- which I usually get an extra side of the spicy to accommodate.)
Whenever I go elsewhere for BBQ, this is what I end up comparing it to. Is it as good as The Rib Shack? Usually it isn't, but when it is... Hog Heaven

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank ZoneTEN
Illinois
“Great food but interior lacking.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My family just went to Rib Shack over the weekend. I was disappointed as they were out of the beef tips so I got the bbq sandwich with baked potato, cole slaw and baked beans. Everything was delicious. The baked potato was fresh and hot and huge. Other members of my family got the ribs. They would just fall off the bones. My son-in-law said they were the best ribs he had ever had. We were all extremely pleased with our choices. The only downside is we had four people and sat in a booth. We felt crowded. The other option was sitting at a picnic table which
isn't comfortable for the older ones in our group. They have a drive-up and I think next time I will take my food home to eat and be a little more comfortable.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank flymetothemoon1
Knoxville, Illinois
“BBQ Shack Feel”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great food, family owned, attentive waitresses, reasonable prices. Sometimes there is a bit off a wait so be prepared. No reservations accepted. You eat on picnic tables inside the building. They have a drive thru to pick up phoned in orders. Clean and outdated so don't wine about this local gem. I hope this was helpful.

• Visited November 2013