“Exceptional customer service.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galesburg
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Galesburg
“Exceptional customer service.”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Spent a week during my trip home from over seas. The night desk clerk Charles and I were on a first name basis and had many nice conversations.

Whitney was also top notch.

Both went above and beyond what was expected of them.

The room was spacious for a two queen suite and the sofa bed was comfortable as well.

Pool area was always tidy, although the pool itself had a high bromide content which irriatated my eyes. But, I can overlook that.

Location is on the north end of town with several restaurants and shopping.g places nearby.

My second stay here and ill keep coming back.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed Aug 2, 2013 for 2 nights
Location was good. Right off the Interstate and close to the downtown area.
The hotel was sold out the weekend we were there and it never felt crowded, parking was not a problem and it was quiet.
Rooms were of average size.
The breakfast was plentyful and a great way to start your day.
Indoor pool and hottub.
Nearby is a Target, Walgreens and many restaurant options to consider.
I would stay at this property again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hermann, Missouri
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Good accommodations, good location, friendly staff, comfortable beds, hot showers. Fitness Center was perfect, clean, and adequate equipment (treadmill and spinner), We didn't choose to eat breakfast there, but the quality looked fine, quantity was fine, and selection was fine.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We just spent a week at the Country Inn and have returned there for many years. The quality and service are consistent with a friendly staff. Eric has come to know us by name and always makes our return feel welcome. The breakfast has improved and they have gone to metal and porcelain service to reduce the waste of disposable cups and plates - a nice plus for the green movement. Hot coffee is always available all hours of the day and cookies most times. The motel is near several restaurants and very near I-74. It's adjacent to US highway 34 but we didn't notice any traffic noise. The rooms are clean but starting to show their age in places. The bathroom tile floor had loose tile and grout and looks to have existed for some time. Still, we'll be back next year.

Room Tip: We didn't experience it this time but have had families with children running around overhead ke...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night on our way to Springfield, IL. The hotel was easy to find, and customer service at the front desk was very pleasant. Check-out was very fast as well (receipt left under our door overnight). There was ample free parking around the hotel building. Our room was quiet, very clean, and comfortable. We had lots of space, and the bathroom was also large, brightly lit, and very clean. Beds were comfortable and we slept well. Free wifi was available, but was not always working (though a call to the front desk said that it should be working). Breakfast was included with our stay, and was a bit chaotic in the morning. There were no more plates left, and the food was also becoming scarce. There didn't seem to be enough staff to support the hoard of guests trying to serve themselves. We ended up not eating much as there was not much to choose from: the eggs looked runny and unappetizing, the waffle-area had a long line-up and was messy and batter-soaked, and everything else was completely picked over. We had a quick bite of fruit and muffins and then got out of everyone's way! The breakfast seating area was also small and cramped for the number of people trying to get back and forth to their tables. Other than this experience, the hotel was adequate and comfortable for our brief stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 April 2013

visiting Knox College. I got a good rate and I had a comfortable nights sleep. I am always afraid of sleeping poorly. The bed was not firm but gave good support. The sheets were not soft, but they weren't too rough either. The pillows were good. We stayed in a third floor room very close to the highway with the window open. At night there is very little traffic so we were not disturbed by the sounds of the highway. There were some cleanliness issues that were taken care of right away. The room did pass the white glove test. There wasn't a spec of dust anywhere. I am staying here every time I come visit Knox. I asked for the same room for my upcoming trip. 3rd Floor, away from the elevators. The fruit at breakfast was horrible, but I am calling corporate to complain and maybe it will be different upon my return.

Room Tip: the top floor has no noise from rooms above.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Cedar City, Utah, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights while picking up a plane. Had airport rates, suite worked good for 2 guys, breakfast is okay with real dishes and utensils. I had the pool and hot tub to myself each evening. Nice, comfortable place.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galesburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Galesburg
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monmouth
Super 8 Monmouth IL
Super 8 Monmouth IL
#2 of 3 in Monmouth

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galesburg? Share your experiences!