“Needs renovating”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galesburg
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Galesburg
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in a two queen room. Staff at checkin was friendly. Room had musty smell, carpet, walls and drapes were worn. The drapes had a large hole and were dirty. Bathroom was not the cleanest. The bed and pillows however were very comfortable. Breakfast was average for a complimentary breakfast.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Wmacetheace

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived in the evening, greeted nicely by Charles at the front desk, though check in took a little longer then seems required. I had a nice king size bed in a sweet. The room was a little bit old. The HVAC a bit loud and also old. Television flat screen but no guide key on the remote so lots of surfing. Room was quiet clean and shower was nice. Breakfast in the morning was pretty typical. Workout center was more like a workout museum with antiquated stationary bike, and the treadmill. I might try another location next time in this area

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here with my two children for some spring break activities we were doing near by. My son prefers to stay at Country Inn and Suites so we have seen a lot of them. So far this is the least favorite of them. While the customer service was fine, ( we had the regular cookies in the lobby, quick check in, friendly staff) the cleanliness was not good. The pool and the hot tub both had a ring of scum around the toip of them. It appeared they had been unclean like that for some time since a guest before me had clearly scratched clean me into the gunk. My kids love to use the pool/hot tub when we stay so this was a dissappointment to them. The room was a two room suite and in tru Country Inn and Suites fashion bu there was a funky musty smell that sort of disappeared and reappeared throughout our two night stay. The breakfast was not the standard we are used to recieving at the other CIS hotels we have been to. Soggy fruit that tasted terrible, the eggs that were in big chunks instead of scrambbled and dried sausage patties. While this one experience will not keep us from frequenting the chain we love i was dissapointed to see this hotel not living up to the chains standards.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank berzho
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My son and I stayed here for two nights while visiting Knox College.

The hotel is tucked away behind the Target store, so you might not spot it until you're right at it. It's next to a busy highway, so it was somewhat noisy, but I always use earplugs when I stay in a hotel, so the noise didn't bother me.

There were fresh-baked cookies at the front desk - mmmm.

The room was pretty good-sized. This was a long trip, and we each had a large suitcase; there was room to have them both open and still get around.

Breakfast was pretty substantial (eggs, breakfast meat, and fruit, and then the usual array of baked goods, coffee and juices). To be honest, though, it wasn't particularly mouth-watering: the scrambled eggs had huge chunks, the Canadian bacon had been out in the steam tray for so long that the pieces were all shriveled and curly, and the fruit salad had spent so long together that all the fruits tasted the same.

Galesburg's AMC theater (8 screens, I think) was just down the road, in the opposite direction from the Target. The road curves around some, and it really doesn't look like it's going to get you there (or anywhere), but then the AMC's on your right, set back a bit from the road. There's also a shopping mall within easy walking distance, but it doesn't look too lively.

The only real issue we had as ANTS. They were all over the desk, probably attracted by some fruit I'd brought with us. I finally put the fruit in a plastic bag and hung it in the closet, but the ants stayed around the desk area anyway. I never told the front desk about it because I was afraid they'd spray something in the room to kill them, and insecticides tend to exacerbate my asthma. I should have remembered to tell them when we checked out, but I didn't.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We spent two nights at the Country Inn and Suites. Both nights we discovered that housekeeping had not left us bath towels. The "front" desk lady was helpful and provided us with towels both evenings. We also had to retrieve hot drink cups from the front desk as we did not have any in our room. Our stay was during a very cold spell in Illinois. When we arrived the first night, we found the heat in our room had been turned off. We just coped with that without saying anything. Then we were away from our room for several hours the next day and when we returned to the room for the second night, we found the heat in our room had been turned off. It was very cold in the room; this was definitely an action that was unappreciated by us.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lmckeeper
cx_gale, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear Beverly,

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the issues you described with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Eric Herrera - Operations Manager

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed here for a night while visiting my niece at Knox college. Very clean, nice rooms. We were upgraded to a suite for no cost. Nice location of hotel next to mall. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JenniferP329
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galesburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Galesburg
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monmouth
Super 8 Monmouth IL
Super 8 Monmouth IL
#2 of 3 in Monmouth

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galesburg? Share your experiences!