“Suitable”

Americas Best Value Inn- Galesburg
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Galesburg
“Suitable”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Clean room. Recently renovated. Newer furnishings but with a mismatched dresser. Bed coverings are new, but scratchy so every time we rolled over during the night the bedspread made a sound. Air/heat unit a little on the noisy side. Could hear TV in the room next door.
Night clerk was friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was up to Super 8 Super Start expectations. Will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
super8motelgalesburg, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn- Galesburg, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I'm pleased that you found our property suitable for your needs and will stay with us again. We look forward to it. I apologize that our bedding and some other aspects of the room didn't fully meet your needs. We take note of all comments as we make future buying decisions, and your
comments will help us improve for future guests. While most guests find the bedding and other things in the room acceptable, I'm sorry you did not.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Galesburg
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Even though we were told that the hotel had undergone a renovation in March, it wasn't really apparent. The exterior and the parking lot were downright "scary". I was reluctant to book at a Super 8 but considering their claim of recent renovation and their price I took a chance. Will not make that mistake again. I must say the evening clerk was extremely nice and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about our evening desk clerk, but I'm troubled to hear that you were not impressed with the quality of the property. We have indeed made changes and improvements designed to make the rooms and the property nicer and to improve security and some amenities. Many other guests have made positive comments about these changes, and I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your needs. We're pleased with the safe and comfortable property we provide and only wish there was some way we could have satisfied you.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Galesburg hotels

Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The room stank. The only way we could tolerate the room was to have the outside air unit and bathroom exhaust fan on all night long. The sink would barely drain. There must be no insulation anywhere in the building because we could hear other guests talking all night long (over the noise of the fans we had on). The desk clerk, at checkout, could have cared less about what we told here about the horrible room and the noise.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to stay.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Teresa08670, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Galesburg, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Im sorry for your experience. This is completely unacceptable here. I wish you would have let us know as soon a you checked in. We have a 100% smoke free facility. I will investigate
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Let me start by saying the only reason I stayed at this hotel was because my company have a lodging contract with them.
This hotel is, well to put it mildly; BAD!! It's very outdated with a poor breakfast area with house keepers that don't give two cents about properly cleaning your room.

The parking is terrible, there 's no space when the hotel is even half-full and half of the parking lot is made out of dirt. We stayed there during the winter and if you didn't have a four wheel drive then you was in trouble.

Back to the rooms; the bed had a permanent crease in it where other people have laid and when I talked to my co-workers they said the same thing. The bathroom had hair on the sink and in the tub. The mini fridge had left over food in it from the previous guest. And I could go on but I think you get the picture.

But the kicker was when I was on my way to the front desk to complain there was this lady that had a room there with these two Hugh Pit Bulls dogs. the problem was that only one was on a leash, the other one was roaming free throughout the hallway. The one the leash turn to attack me and the woman on the other end could barely hold it back. All of this was happening in front of the check-in desk while the manager was watching. She did nothing about the situation! She didn't care one bit!
I brought it up to her later on that day and all she said was "she stayed here before and that's never happen before". That was it. She must not have known that she and the owner would have been facing a possible lawsuit if I would have gotten attack. I guess she figured that the "Great" Hotel Chains of the Super 8 had enough money to sweep the situation under the carpet.

Bottom line is this: stay here if you want to but be prepared to face the consequences. Also, ask them to change your sheets as soon as you walk in the door. The house keepers take shortcuts and won't change the linen if they think the next guest won't notice that someone slept in the bed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Teresa08670, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Galesburg, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Mr. E.
As you well know your com[pany inspects us for quality and cleanliness on a regular basis, which shows a few of your remarks are not qualified as trustworthy. 99.9 % of the guys from your company are very happy with our establishment. We go out of our way to accommodate them. Yes, the parking lot can get overfull with everyone driving their own car and then all of the "company" vehicles that come to park while you are here. For this I am sorry and can only say we do our best. I can in all honestty say that in the 35 years I have been in this business I have never been at a hotel or motel that has received more compliments on the beds. They are Serta and very high quality. Although I agree it is often hard to sleep when away from home.
as for the dogs, yes they were big black dogs and they ran up the hall but did not bark or growl at you nor come withi 5 feet of you. The owner instantly put them on a leash and returned to her room. That was the only incident we had with the dogs for the month they were hear as the owners house burnt down. I would like to address the issue of the delay in reporting these issues as it all happen 4 months ago. I would have been happy to discuss any of these issues with you at any time and still would if you wish to call me.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galesburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galesburg
Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#8 of 10 in Galesburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Galesburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Galesburg
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monmouth

Been to Americas Best Value Inn- Galesburg? Share your experiences!