Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center
US$144
US$109
US$99
US$61
All reviewson site restaurantknox countyplace to stayfirst choicestaff was friendlyin townbeds were comfortablefitness roomking roomeasy accessindoor poolcourtyardcouponcrystalilinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 October 2013

TV did not work. Called to have it fixed. Waited. Called again because they forget to send someone down. They forgot to change the sheets on one of the beds. They did not want to comp for this. I said I would like to speak to Manager. Of course they were on VK. Ended up finally getting a piece of paper that had a couple of things on it that was a joke for the restaurant. Wait till they have somebody who is scathing mad at them and see how that flies. Restaurant was super slow but the food was very good-I highly recommend the Eggs Benedict or the Mexican Skillet

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jenniferh797
prairieinn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies. We are glad that you did enjoy your breakfast and highly recommend it!

If you have any question at all please contact me at 309-343-7151.

We hope you will come see us again

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were in Galesburg for leisure and had a pleasant stay at the Best Western. The hotel is located close to shopping and restaurants including historic Seminary St., but in a quiet area. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you Julie for your very sweet and positive feedback! We are near many places to shop and dine at. We are happy that we can make a nice quite place for you to stay. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We reserved a handicapped room with a roll in shower 30 days ahead of time because my wife is a paraplegic. We went to check in and they had NO handicapped rooms available! We did not cancel 24 hours ahead of time so they knew we were coming for 2 nights. They gave us the first night free, after much confrontation with the front desk and owner, because we had to stay in a regular room where my wife could not get into the bathroom. She cannot stand or walk and the wheel chair would not fit into the bathroom, so she could not even go to the bathroom. The owner offered us a free night or two free nights later if we decided not to stay. We had a birthday celebration of my wife and grand daughter so we weren't canceling the weekend. The 2nd day they moved us to a handicapped room which we paid $142. with tax. We were there for the pool, because it's large and has a handicapped lift to get my wife in the pool. The pool was very cold. I told the owner, and he showed me the temp was 84 degrees. Well it was still very cold. My wife couldn't stand it and I barely was able to swim. We did not enjoy ourselves at all and have no idea when we will go back to a Best Western after this experience. The pool is the major draw for this hotel and if the pool is cold to swim in you might as well close it. As far as not holding that handicapped room reserved 30 days ahead of time that was pathetic. I myself thought afterwards they should have given us both nights free. We had planned on going there once a month for a weekend all year round unless we were on vacation, but now we won't be doing that unless something dramatically changes there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randal C
prairieinn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. Please know that we are deeply sorry for the inconvenience that was caused. We enjoy when you come to visit us to use our indoor heated pool, as you mentioned we are the only hotel in the area with a large pool with a handicap accessible lift. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

While on a 3 day drive Chicago to LA stopped to recharge for the final day. Quiet, comfortable, clean, up to date, and everything worked. Breakfast was fresh and tasty with good choices. Hotel location is easy to find off the Interstate and is located close to gas, car wash, restaurants, and grocery.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Richard, we are glad that you decided to stop and stay with us at the Prairie Inn. We are always striving to make better updates and keep out hotel looking modern. Thank you for noticing! I am so happy you also enjoyed our delicious restaurant for breakfast. Thank you for choosing us and we hope you can stop in Galesburg and see us again.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on a return trip from South Dakota to Ohio. The girl working the front desk greeted me with a smile and a warm welcome. Her customer service skills were excellent.
I went immediately to the on site restaurant as they were only about 10 minutes from closing and they were more than happy to still serve me. The burger and fries were great and the waitress was as nice and welcoming as the front desk employee.
The room was very nice and clean with a large flat screen TV. The bed was comfortable and the shower was excellent.
My only complaint about the hotel would be that the headboard of the bed was not really attached properly and would rattle the wall quite a bit as I would move around in bed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
prairieinn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for your nice review. We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel during your stay and we were able to serve you dinner before we closed. We hope you will choose our hotel the next time you come through Galesburg!

Thank You.