Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Galesburg
Reviewed 7 August 2014

After looking at the reviews for the hotels in this area for less than $100 we chose this one. I'm glad we did. The room was perfectly fine for us. It was not fancy but we just wanted a place to sleep. The room was clean albeit not spotless but the bathroom seemed pretty clean. The restaurant is the only place to eat nearby and it was good. They seem to be lean on servers but we were not in any hurry so that was not a problem. Breakfast service was worse but since this was the last few hundred miles from home we were not worried. If you want to get up and moving you may want to skip breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
prairieinn, Manager at Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

I am sorry we dropped the ball in the restaurant. We do have an ad in the paper but very few responses. I am glad the food was good and the price was right. We hope to serve you again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We visited this hotel twice in eight days, en route to and from our trip destination. On both visits, we experienced good customer service at the front desk and with housekeeping. Our room was clean and comfortable on both visits. During our first stay, we ate dinner in the hotel restaurant. While we waited 15 minutes to be given menus (only three other tables full at 5:30 on a Saturday evening), we were treated to excellent service thereafter. The staff was very accommodating of dietary restrictions as well. On both visits, we used the hotel pool, which was kept in good condition and the area was always stocked with clean towels. The one drawback was no zero entry or steps into the pool, which proved a bit difficult with our youngest child. On both visits, we also used the fitness room, which was also kept in good condition. It is double the size of most hotel fitness rooms and has an assortment of machines. We did not encounter problems with the free wireless internet. Overall, we were happy with our stay and would visit again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

It is nice to hear you stayed both coming and going. It states we must be doing something right. I will see if it is possible to address the step situation maybe a ladder on the side will help the little ones. big ones too. I hope you choose us again on your future trips.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Their renovations are really paying off. Our room was roomy and very clean and the bathrooms were also very clean. A shame that breakfast isn't included, but the restaurant prices were very reasonable and a 10% off coupon was included. The only complaint was the outside seating area. We had several relatives staying so we had a picnic out there. Two of the kids got stung by hornets with nests in the benches. Maintenance came out immediately to spray them, but that ended our picnic pretty quickly once the hornets got even madder. Some of the relatives remembered when the hotel opened as a Sheraton in the '70s and thought it was being well taken care of. Although a couple of glitches, overall a nice stay.

Room Tip: Choose the side away from I-74, but even when sitting outside, the noise wasn't bad.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
prairieinn, Manager at Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for choosing our facility for a family get together. Sorry about the wasps its that time of year unfortunately. We love our Hotel and work hard to keep it up. It is good to know it is appreciated. We hope to have you again in the future and again thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was the last hotel we stayed at during our month long vacation. Even though this hotel was undergoing renovation of the rooms and entry, it was by far the best Best Western Hotel we stayed at. Pros: The room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom Very clean. Reasonable price. Wired internet - free. Cons: Free wifi internet was unusable. My wife and I both have computers. We could only use one at a time using the wired internet. The breakfast was only a 10% discount coupon vice a free hot meal like most hotel chains. Overall this is a great place to stay as for business or pleasure. They have banquet and confrence room facilities.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
prairieinn, Manager at Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for the kind review. We are working on the WiFi, it's acting like a spoil t child. but I am glad you were able to use the hard wire. It is nice to see our hard work is appreciated. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Maintenance installing headboards in room next door on a sat morn. Was so loud had to leave the room to use the phone. Wendsday had roofers replacing roof above room from 7am till I called and requested room change at noon. Guest services said I was supposed to be notified about it and was not. Moved rooms and 2 hrs into room was walked into by another guest. Got a rude phone call 5 mins later demanding who I was. Once explained was informed that no one placed me in room in the computer. Sat breakfast arrived at 10am and waited till 10:25am when waitress(don't know her name,older lady) came and told me no breakfast because it ends at 10:30am. Once explained I've been sitting since 10am she rudely said"Well if you hurry up and order I might be able to get it in"! I left and haven't ate at the restaurant the remaining 7 days of stay. Harley motorcycle reving motor and driving and parking in courtyard. Loud bass thumping music from something in one of the hotel meeting rooms all night sat night. Room next to me yelling and screaming and beating on windows and doors sat morning at 3am. Never called and complained so I that's my fault. Checking out today Sunday to move to another hotel. Was supposed to stay till Wendsday. Can't take this place anymore.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mike s
prairieinn, Manager at Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

This is not typical of our hotel. I know of one of your issues but the rest I am unaware of. I don;t tolerate this behavior and I assure you had I know your review would have been quite different. Again I apologize for your troubles and hope that in the future you would give us another chance.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel was located in a very serene area which was very nice to take a long walk around. The Best Western hotel was very nice in side, service was very quick. We ate at the restaurant & again were served in a speedy fashion food was great too

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Pam R
prairieinn, Manager at Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for the nice review. I like to think we are the best. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here on a Saturday night. Started out not so great room noisy and air not working. Promptly we're moved and the room was nice,beds comfortable and shower good. The grounds are very nice, they have a nice lobby area and nice pool

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Silver54

So glad to see your stay was good after a rough start. We hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Galesburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galesburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Galesburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Galesburg
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#8 of 11 in Galesburg
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monmouth
Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg

Been to Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!