“Clean & quiet stay. Requested to see why ac/heat unit may be defective. They reinstalled a new one very same day.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Galesburg
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

Thank you for the great hospitality ! Service was outstanding and taken well care of for services requested on same day. Had bad ac/heatimg unit and they replaced it with a new one same day!
Tcvvyv guy yctjctctuiittcgvvyh hvycgv ssrxrf gb cgguj

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Slinger, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I travel all over the Midwest for weeks at a time a contractor. This place was great and a has a very friendly staff. I look forward to many more stays here over the next year during our current construction project!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank chevydmax04
Webster City, Iowa
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Made this reservation over the phone and told them we would not be in till after 10 pm. Parking lot was almost full when we got there so I was hoping for the best. I have made reservations before at other motels and got there late and they hadn't held our room. Check-in was quick. Room was very clean and beds were comfortable. Breakfast had a lot of variety. Food was hot and very tasty. Would stay here again if I am in area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Fremantle, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My husband and I travel every second year to the US in particular Galesburg IL
I book our hotel 3 months in advance by email and follow up by phone a month before we are due to arrive. We have been doing this for the past 12 years and for me it is like coming home. After 25 hours flight from Australia I am ready to be pampered and have a friendly face greet me . The Morning Manager is delightful full of information of events coming into town and ready to advice on new restaurant, stores, shows. Our room is spotless and kept no need is being forgotten, I arrive in my room to find my coffee, soaps, lotions, shampoo and conditioner and one time as I had left my tooth brush on the plane I was given one to see me tru the night. Breakfast time is usually a challenge for us as we are so jet lagged for at least 2 days, however as I approach the Night Clerk I stated I was hungry (only 2.00am ) in a flash coffee made, bagels, cakes, cereal all out and ready to consume at my pleasure. The price is great, staff friendly and very attentive, location well I can go anywhere I really need to go on foot a huge bonus as I find the wrong side of driving needs all my attention and i rather be looking at things around me.As we have family in town and grandchildren at times we share breakfast in the lobby staff have always been friendly and helpful to my husband, grandchildren, family and my self. thank you for keeping the same efficient staff and ambiance. See you in 2 years time for 21 days.

Room Tip: I find treating people right in the first instance, helps them to treat you in the same manner. lov...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
jax
Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

Well about average for a older comfort inn.I did reserve ahead of time and asked for a single and when i got to my room had a double and hotel was nowhere near sold out.that always chaps my behind.but friendly desk staff.could be updated but acceptable for what you pay for now days.

• Stayed July 2012
Arizona
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed here 1 night while in town on a 4 night reservation booked by a family member. As we were so tired when we rolled into town, we didn't notice how gross the room was. The final straw was when we got back to the room the following day after visiting family and discovered they did not even vacum when they "cleaned" the room. We immediately left and moved to the coumtry inn up the street. It is night amd day compared to this place. Do yourself a favor and sleep in your car before setting foot in this nasty place.

• Stayed July 2012

Travellers are raving about these Galesburg hotels

Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We used to stay at this inn fairly regularly, although it's been four years since our last visit. The place has really declined. Our room was never vacuumed during our stay, despite our complaints, and apparently hadn't even been vacuumed well before we checked in: we got stuck in a smoking room because it was the only handicapped-accessible one left, and there were ashes left on the floor from a previous occupant. Bed linens are old, dingy and worn, and the mattress is so soft that the sheets can't be pulled taut.
As others have pointed out, the room is dirty, dark and smelly, even though we opened the window as much as possible. This is the only place I have ever stayed in where I felt compelled to check under the mattress for bedbugs. We will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galesburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galesburg
Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Galesburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Galesburg
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monmouth
Super 8 Monmouth IL
Super 8 Monmouth IL
#2 of 3 in Monmouth

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!