“Central Illinois Courtesy? Yes”

The Broad View Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Galesburg
Reviewed 9 September 2009

I stay at a lot of Hotels and this is by far the best in Central Illinois for what they have. Indoor Pool, Clean Room, but most of all Freindly staff that is glad to have you. Many hotels and industry people act like they are doing you a favor by getting there product or service. THIS HOTEL WELCOMES ME EVERYTIME WITH OPEN ARMS. They want my business and do great with what they have.
Indoor Heated Pool
Freindy Staff
Clean Rooms
Improving Exercise Rooms

Dan Lech

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 May 2009

stayed at AMBV 2 nts for daughter's graduation, as Macomb hotels full...Strapped for money at this time, so booked, as looked good online.......Transient hotel ,I think........people just hanging around homeless, giving us hotel tour.and bar hours..........lady bartender very RUDE! breakfast great and $5.00

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2009

I stayed here because I could bring my dogs. And I have before but it seems to get dirtier every time I go. And more run down. I stay there because my niece lives a block away. I wrote all this on my comment card but I don't really think they care. Whoever says this is a nice hotel must be vision impaired. The fridge and microwave and coffee make in my room did not work. Half the plug ins in the room do not work. Two lamps do not work. The lampshades are yellow with age and the bedspread and blanket were not clean at all so they went on the floor and I used my own blanket. I was afraid to look at the mattress. The carpets were not clean. Behind the night stand and other places are huge dust balls. The bathroom floor and sink were not clean and the sink did not drain. The "desk" top was warped and badly water damaged..something that should be discarded. The TVs are really cheap quaility and mine had bad sound and buzzed. The furniture is really old and cheap particle board stuff. The ceiling plaster was falling off in three places and the plug ins all look like fire hazards. There is always trash all over the parking lot and its not well lit.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank wandaroo
Reviewed 18 May 2009

If you like trains, you will love this hotel. As there is one traveling the nearby railroad tracks every few minutes. And with those trains come the train horns that can be heard for miles. If you like rest after a long day you may not like this hotel due the aforementioned train horns. To get an idea of what this sounds like when you are trying to sleep, check out this link, http://www.dieselairhorns.com/sounds.html and click one of the sample train horn mp3's and turn the volume up. Then and only then will you understand why you will not be able to sleep. Remember the movie, "My Cousin Vinny" ...

Other than that...It is a bargain priced hotel with a great location, nothing fancy and you get what you pay for...which is not much.

Signed,

Sleepless in Galesburg

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2008

I stayed one nite and I have to say it was the dirtiest room I've ever stayed in and I travel the world to third world countries. The faucets on both sinks were filthy and covered in hair - they looked they have NEVER been cleaned. There is mold growing along the ceiling of the bathroom in the tub area (where the wall paper is peeling off), mold at the bottom of the sliding glass door and carpet at the sliding glass door. The coffee maker itself was filthy, dust bunnnies were stuck on the wall over the bed, coffee splattered on the wall, phone worked occasionally and stains on the carpet. There was no clock radio in the room or bath towels provided and the hand towels and wash clothes (just one wash cloth) were a dingy grey and so thin you could see through them! Reading the amenities list this hotel sounds like WOW for the money! But in reality, the place is badly in need of a major overhaul and cleaning or shut it down! I have to wonder what the cleaning staff does besides change sheets (ours were clean) and clean the mirrors cause it looked like the rooms hadn't had a good, thorough cleaning in years! I wouldn't consider drinking the free coffee in the lobby, getting into the pool or eating at their 24 hour restaurant based on the horrible condition of the room. I guess you get what you pay for but I've been in a lot cleaner rooms for that amount of money. There is no excuse for filth!! I'd rather have a cleaner room and fewer amenities any day! . I certainly won't be back!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2008

this is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.
My 3 friends and I took their 4 children to spend a night for a birthday party...The room was filthy,The sheets looked like they hadnt been washed, there was mud, and what looked like peices of feces all over the floor, The wall looked like it was started to be worked on, and never finished. It was just plain awful...Never again will I ever stay at Americas Best Value Inn in Galesburg IL

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank londonfan07
Reviewed 29 June 2008

We had walked in to obtain a room after deciding the location was ideal to downtown. We payed, dropped our bags off inside the door of our room, and did not return until late evening.

The next morning, we were horrified to realize there were urine stains on the bed, shredded draperies, phone outlet hanging from the wall by wires, water leak stains on the walls, toenails in the carpeting, and we have now reported our stay to the Illinois Attorney General because of the condition of the bathroom, which had "matter" caked over most surfaces.

24 hours after leaving, we both were covered in red bumps. The Galesburg Visitors Center has confirmed reports of bedbugs there.

THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE REPORTED TO THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank TruckTraveler