“Holiday inn” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg

Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Galesburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Secaucus, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

At the end of a 5 week road trip with the family, on the last leg of the trip, my wife and two young boys stopped at the Galesburg, IL Holiday Inn Express.
I am a Platinum Rewards-level client(their highest level) and had some minor issues when checking in: the room I requested was not available because the hotel was fully booked(no points off for that!!); and there was no micro/fridge, although the website stated that there was.
The room was very clean and the extra towels and pillows I had requested were already in the room. The beds were just right, and all other aspects of the room were as we had hoped after a 500-mile drive.
The following morning, roof repairs outside our window began at 7:00 am!! I called the front desk to find out what all the racket was, and was informed there was nothing that could be done, because the pool roof needed repairs. I politely expressed my view that this was a bit early to be inconveniencing the guests!
The manager, Ryan Cochran, called a little later to offer his apologies, but I could not speak with him very long at that point.
When I went down to breakfast with my two boys, I went to the front desk to speak with Ryan, as on the phone he seemed genuinely concerned about my not-entirely-satisfactory experience at his hotel.
We sat in the breakfast room for about 15 minutes and discussed my stay.
I am quite familiar with hotel operations all over the world, both the front and the back of the house.
I did not have an awful experience at his hotel, but Ryan was intent on correcting what could be corrected, and sincerely wanted me to leave the hotel with a good memory of it. He accomplished this graciously and with good humor. Ryan would be an asset to any of the most expensive chains and individually owned properties anywhere in the world.
I did not request any adjustment on the room rate/Reward points, but at the end of our discussion, he immediately suggested it. I appreciated greatly his understanding of my stay from my point of view.
As I said, there were minor problems. You can't always have perfection, but with a GM like this, it's a lot more possible. No question: I would recommend this hotel to the most discerning travelers.

Hebron
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

This hotel was excellent in every way. Clean, friendly comfortable. There is not a thing i could complain about. The breakfast looked and smelled great, hot food. Unfortunately was visiting family and they cooked me breakfast, but the hotel looked better.

Waverly
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

We were driving East and looking for somewhere to stay. We didn't take the time to check prices. We just wanted to find a good room. And, that is what we got. A good room, nice beds, great breakfast (the kids loved the pancake making machine) and a pool. Dinner at the Mexican restaurant across the street was great.

Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

We were going to stay in Davenport, Iowa, but they were full so Galesburg was another 48 miles down the road and this was the first place we came across. After 380 miles on motorcycles in the heat, we wanted comfort! It was expensive, compared to other places we'd stayed, but it was really nice. Pool was actually long enough to swim 6 strokes from one end to the other. The hot tub was excellent, too.
Could have been a better breakfast considering HIE, but it was adequate.
I'd recommend to other travelers. Convenient to a grocery store with liquor store, gas and a really good Mexican Restaurant.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Steger, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

It is just another average hotel. I've stayed at other HIE's and they were more modern. We arrived July 4 and I did like how we were able to check in around noon. We got to our room and the air wasn't working right. Called down to the front desk and stated maintenance wasn't available because of the Holiday. She said she would see what she could do. Before leaving we turned the air down to 60 in hopes that the room would cool off on our return. We returned to our room after midnight from enjoying the firework show and the room was just barely cool. Called back down to front desk and they did offer another room but my 4 year was out for the count and didn't want the hassle of changing room after midnight. She stated that we could change rooms in the morning. Instead of chaning rooms we asked that morning if they could fix the air. Got up in the morning and went for the continental breakfast and it was good. The only bad thing is when they run out of something they won't fix anymore. My husbnd really wanted some biscuits and gravy but maybe next time. So we went out for the day and upon returning that evening they had fixed the air. Kudos to maintanence.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank texasgw24
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stayed here twice in June 2012, both times were fine. My kids loved the large pool and the hotel was conveniently located next to the interstate and near a Hy Vee store and gas station.

Niggles: no automatic doors. Fine unless you're carrying in several bags on that trolley thing. Practically impossible to open if you are.

Also, the kid-friendly 'automatic' pancake maker was out of batter 2 consecutive days. Really? Go get some from Hy Vees.

Other than this, it was fine. Rooms were clean, breakfast was nothing special, being worse than Hampton Inn but better than a Super 8, which we all know anyway.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galesburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galesburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Galesburg
BEST WESTERN Prairie Inn & Conference Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Galesburg
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#8 of 10 in Galesburg
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monmouth

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg? Share your experiences!