“Not Fancy, but It Was What Was Needed”

Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Galesburg
Minnesota
“Not Fancy, but It Was What Was Needed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed here for a night on my way from Indiana to Minnesota. The hotel was clean and sorta quiet. The front desk did suggest that we get a room that wasn't overlooking the pool because it could be noisy. The rooms were clean, but you could tell that they needed some updating as it was showing their wear. The free breakfast was alright. They had cinnamon rolls which were tasty, not fabulous, but good. Then biscuits and gravy--biscuits were a bit rubbery; eggs, turkey sausage, ham, toast, muffins, pancakes..the usual suspects. It's a hotel breakfast and free so nothing that was extra fabulous.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank WildFan
GalesburgGSM, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. We are currently going through some updates with the hotel, however it is taking a little longer then expected. I hope that if your traveling our way again you give us another try in the future.
Whitney Hendricks, Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lexington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is near the interstate, about 2 miles from Amtrak station. It is a very pleasant place. The three staff people I interacted with were very friendly, and helpful when I had questions. My room was cool and comfy, and very quiet! The TV got a lot of channels. In recent stays at other hotels I'd had trouble sleeping but no problems here! Slept really where

Also, I walked from Amtrak to here and back, took about 30 min each way, and there are sidewalks all the way, so it is quite safe and doable! There's also a park next to the hotel to walk around.

Room Tip: I liked the room on second floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank tedkirby
GalesburgGSM, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic detailed review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope we see you in the future.
Morgantown, West Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

The positive first. All the people, from the receptionist, to housekeeping and breakfast room staff, were efficient and friendly. There are no restaurants within walking distance (and you wouldn't want to) but Galesburg has a web-based delivery service which we found to be quick and good.

HOWEVER, this hotel seriously damages the Holiday Inn brand. It is the quintessential bad motel. Our room was stale/smelly; the walls were thin. I need an accessible bathroom, but I could hardly get my wheelchair in, let alone maneuver it.

The Wi-fi service prevented my wife and I from sending or receiving emails or social networking.

The room was the most expensive we had on a one-month trip.

In other words avoid the Holiday Inn Express - Galesburg if you possibly can.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gregory E
GalesburgGSM, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Gregory,
I'm truly sorry to hear your experience was unacceptable. We are in the process of updating or hotel, it is just taking a little bit longer then expected. I really hope you brought your concerns to the staff. If not I am happy to help make your experience a little bit better if possible. Please contact me I know I can not make your stay better, but hopefully I can make a future stay worth it. Please email me at GalesburgGSM@JankoHotels.com I will be more then happy to see what I can do for you. On the other hand I'm extremely happy to hear our staff was fantastic!
Ottawa, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I called to book reservations for the 3rd-6th of july and it was a big ordeal. The lady at the front desk answered and transfer me to the reservation line. I asked the man that answer if I could get adjoining rooms and he said that he couldnt tell me if any were available (I dont know why he couldnt since it was the reservation line.) He said the front desk can tell you though. I said ok so he transfered me up to the front desk where leah heloed me. She said im not sure why he sent you back to mr but I can help you. I asked her about the adjoining rooms and she said that there were some available but that u have to be there in person to get them. I was a little confused by that because 90% of people make reservations over the phone because they dont usually live in the town they are traveling too. Leah told me that I would need to talk to the reservation line again and that I would need to ask them for two rooms and to ask them to put that I need adjoining rooms in the comment area. I told her that I didnt want to book rooms there if I couldnt get them together. She said it will all work out. Im sorry but I cant book rooms atva hotel if I dont know for sure if im getting the rooms I need. Plus, it was such a mess trying to book there that I ended up booking at another hotel. Im very disappointed, I know this hotel has gotten a lot of great reviews and I like the fact that you getva free hot breakfast every morning.

• Stayed July 2014
GalesburgGSM, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Monsonpower,
I am very sorry to hear your experience with our hotel was poor. I assure you that this is not how we run our business. I will be using your review as a training tool for our Front Desk staff. If there is anything I can do to help you please feel free to contact me via email at GalesburgGSM@JankoHotels.com or phone 309-343-7100. Again I am truly sorry.
Boulder
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed here many times. The staff is always very pleasant and helpful. The rooms and common areas are clean. The hotel is a little dated and it is time to begin updating. However, with that being said, it is the most updated and cleanest hotel in Galesburg.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review. Our hotel is currently undergoing some changes. Slowly but surely we will get there! Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Whitney Hendricks. Guest Service Manager
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this HIE for one week while in Galesburg for work despite other coworkers saying 'don't stay there' from a recent stay at same hotel for an early March 2014 business trip. Staff here very friendly and accommodating; however, train can be loud...stay in low number rooms i.e. 202 or 304 - i had to switch rooms during stay. Also, shower in my first room made a very loud screeching sound midstream on first two nights. I almost switched hotels but like I said at least my room was changed without a problem. Overall, clean, average, but not my best HIE stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
GalesburgGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent was. I am very happy to hear that we were able to handle your problem in a timely manner and I will make sure that next time you stay with us we get you in to a much quieter room. If there as anything else I can do for you please feel free to contact me at Galesburggsm@jankohotels.com. Again, thank you!
Whitney Hendricks
Guest Service Mananger
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed here long-term (several weeks) for work earlier this year. The staff is great, and I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I were in Galesburg. It is right next to the highway, and a Hy-Vee is across the street to stock your mini-fridge.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
GalesburgGSM, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
We do love our long term stays! Helps us get to know our guest better. Thank you for the great review and hopefully we will see you in the future!
Whitney Hendricks, GSM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galesburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galesburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Galesburg
BEST WESTERN Prairie Inn & Conference Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Galesburg
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#8 of 10 in Galesburg
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monmouth

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg? Share your experiences!