Fairfield Inn & Suites Galesburg
US$63
Priceline
US$145
HIExpress.com
All reviewsroom was cleanincluded in the room rategreat accessregular roompleasant staywithin walking distanceroad tripexcellent staymorning breakfastwould stay here againknox collegeflukeiowa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2012

On our way home from a week long bike ride across Iowa, this was a very reasonably priced, comfortable, clean hotel with a nice indoor pool, wireless Internet and complementary breakfast. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 11 July 2012

You never know what a hotel's going to be like until you've stayed there. Our family has found a new favorite hotel in Fairfield Inn. We stayed at Fairfield Inn- Galesburg in two different rooms on the two legs of our journey, and we are so impressed with the cleanliness & comfort of the hotel. We were cool & comfortable in there despite the near 100 degree temperature outside. Our rooms were clean, with "pristine" white bedding on the queen beds, which were extremely comfortable with choice of about any size pillow you'd want! We weren't disturbed by any outside noise or noise from fellow hotel stayers, so we had a wonderful rest. The hotel staff were all welcoming and just genuinely nice, friendly people who did their jobs well. We without question would recommend you stay at this hotel in Galesburg, which is easy to get to from Hwy US 34. Also, the complimentary breakfast was excellent with many choices in what to drink & eat: homemade waffles, breakfast sandwiches, fresh fruit, etc.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This is a small hotel, but they are the nicest people here. The rooms are clean, it has a nice pool. The breakfast was nice (the cinnamon muffins were awesome!) The only thing I would suggest is that if they haven't installed a shield on their in room a/c units, tuck the curtains up so that your entire room can be one temp. They treat Marriott rewards memebers extremely well, even give you a nice little welcome package.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have been staying here two nights (Tues & Wed) a week for the past 5 and a half months as my home away from home while I am working in this area. I can now state with a fair degree of certainty that I really have no desire to stay anywhere else. The staff are the friendliest and most helpful of any hotel where I have stayed a night or more anywhere in the world (except for the Marriott Waiohai Beach Resort on Kauai), and I have stayed at a number of 5 star, luxury properties! The hotel itself offers clean, reasonably priced accommodations, where noise is never a problem. The morning breakfast selection, which is included in the room rate, is very good and tasty. The indoor pool is small, but clean and never crowded, at least in the middle of the week. I have two complaints: WiFi and linens. WiFi is advertised as "High Speed Internet Connection." It is not as slow as dial-up, but close. The only saving grace that makes this tolerable is that it is free. I would really complain if I had to pay for it! The linens are small and coarse and need to be converted to use as rags. They are far past their useful life. I have commented as such to the front desk staff but, of course, they can only pass on my concerns to management. I thought maybe that this was just a fluke, but they have been this way every since I first stayed. And I believe they do change them every night, don't they? Those are the only reasons I gave this property a rating of Very Good instead of Excellent. I was told by the front desk staff that the entire hotel is scheduled for renovation upgrading in the coming year. It could definitely use it, since it is showing its age. Otherwise, I think this is a great place to stay, all things considered, and I intend to continue my weekly stays here for as long as I am in this area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill W
Reviewed 19 May 2012

The staff was very good and when asked to move from floor two to floor three did so with a smile and no fuss. When asked she also made several suggestions for dinner, which turned out pretty good. The hotel was the normal FF inn, no surprises there, bathroom/shower a bit small. The breakfast was a normal FF Inn fare with the small breakfast area, but with two entrances. The layout was a bit different so I thought they were out of some items, but the staff was very accommodating and brought more out and when I apologized I got a nice smile and a "No problem, enjoy your breakfast and let me know if I can help in anyway".

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple