“Hopefully their quality has improved”
Review of Victorian Manor - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Victorian Manor
Cuisines: American
Description: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=victorian+manor+restaurant+geneseo+il&fb=1&gl=us&hq=victorian+manor+restaurant&hnear=Geneseo,+IL&cid=4329714139990250029
Reviewed 12 March 2014

It's been over a year ago when I ate there last, so I only hope some things have improved. Their atmosphere is wonderful as it is in an old Victorian home with I believe local antiques. The food was ok. The juice was watered down concentrate and the breakfast fare was quite basic, nothing spectacular. I hope they can expand their menu or at least what's offered because this could be a neat little place.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I love the location and the style. It was great! The food is tasty and the staff is the best! Many of my friends have eaten here and loved it!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stopped here for lunch while passing through my old hometown. A quick look at the menu told me that I was back in downstate Illinois and that the menu offerings hadn't changed all that much from what I might have found listed on a menu 40+ years ago. Lots of breaded options and if the salad greens in my Soup and Salad selection was representative, they're still heavy into iceberg lettuce. In hindsight, I should have ordered the Spinach Salad. The cup of soup was decent, but only 8 oz and I picked at my salad, However when our waitress returned and asked if we'd like desert, I responded in the affirmative and what a selection of pies they had! She must have listed off at least 10 offerings. Decided on the baked apple topped with a scoop of ice cream to sustain myself until dinner. It was to die for!

As this was my first visit in about 10 years, I may not be giving Victorian Manor a fair chance. However as the facility itself is lovely, one tends to think that you're in for a special dining experience.... Let's just say that appearances can be deceiving.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Cute little restaurant in Victorian style home. The food is average. But worth going to once. We took out of town guests with us. There was nothing to complain about but nothing to write home about either.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stopped in for lunch. Moms chicken salad was very good. The rest of our orders were average. Place was empty on a Saturday. The rhubarb pie was quite good. No handicap access. They could put in a ramp. The rooms are interesting, lots of cool antiques.