“Short stop to Chicago”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Geneseo
Des Moines, Iowa
“Short stop to Chicago”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Quick stop on the way to Chicago IL. Newly remodeled, nice hotel. Pleasant owners/staff. Beds are pretty good but the linens were a bit scratchy. Continental breakfast. Decent rooms. Off the highway and into town about 4 miles but worth the savings. Slight smell of exotic cooking in the lobby but I like that.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The motel room itself is not extraordinary, but comfortable and clean. You get your basic amenities and the bed was comfy, so sleep quality was not a problem. My biggest complaint was the heating/ac unit in my room. Even though it is winter, I had to keep the heat extremely low and even kick on the ac to keep my room from roasting on the first floor. It wasn't an issue enough to necessitate switching rooms because I did not discover that to be problematic until after I unpacked. The lobby is nicely appointed and has modern decor. The pool unfortunately is not open at this time, but that is no fault of the motel. We found out the state does not have the personnel/money to inspect the pool so the motel is sadly being held hostage by economy. They have a computer/printer in the front lobby is necessary.
The breakfast area is large and has a microwave and sink (we used this previously when rinsing out bottles). You have your staple continental breakfast items-bagels/pastries, cereal, yogurt, limited fruit and of course juice and coffee. There was some sort of pancake thing I did not try and they had eggs and bacon available. The exercise room is actually on the second floor and I believe in an old room. Though a bit cramped, the equipment was nice and in working order. I thought it was quite nice for the size of the facility.
The biggest positive I could mention is the staff. Any time I have stayed, they have been nothing but wonderful. They are always friendly, willing to assist and accommodate, and I believe some of the highlights of the hotel.
As of this moment, the hotel is now a Best Western and I hope stays with the chain, the improvements are noticeable.

Room Tip: Semi's park behind the gas station next door overnight so there might be a bit of truck noise fr...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Harshad P, General Manager at Best Western Geneseo Inn, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
On behalf of the Best Western Geneseo Inn we would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out this review! Your feedback is very important to us and I’m sorry about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments. It is only through our guest's feedback that we can know what things we are doing well and which things we need to improve on. Your comments are very helpful and I will share them with the staff so they will know their hard work is appreciated. We hope that you will come and stay with us again. Our number one priority is guest satisfaction and we are glad to see that we have accomplished just that during your stay.

Normal
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My son and I stayed here on business for 4 nights. This is indeed the best hotel in town. Our room was up to date with all of the standard amenities. The room was clean as well as quiet. The staff were friendly, helpful and professional. The breakfast was typical but well presented and featured both hot and cold items. The pool was under renovation and such was not available to us.
The staff was above average in all respects. The complimentary tea, coffee and fresh fruit was much appreciated. There are several restaurants and a convenience store within walking distance, and more dining options a short drive away.
The value I received for the price I paid was exemplary.
The take-away; I do not hesitate to recommend this motel and look forward to enjoying their hospitality on my next visit to the area.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor. It was very quiet. It should be noted that there is an elevator fo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank squiddguy
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the restaurants in our area. We hope you'll get a chance to come back and stay with us again soon. I have shared all the OUTSTANDING feedback to the entire staff and they are very glad to hear that you enjoyed all the aspect of our hotel. I’m sure we will get the chance to see you very soon!

Princeton, Illinois
Reviewed 6 March 2014

After looking a bit shabby for a couple years, this location has had a nice face-lift. The decor is modern and attractive. The floors have fresh tiles and the lighting is great. After a late-night charity event, we decided to stay over in Geneseo rather than drive home. Having grown up in town, we rarely book a room, but were very pleased to stay here. We were given a LARGE room as a free upgrade, and it featured 3 queen sized beds. (What a dream for a family, right?) The bathroom was clean, but rather small. The extra sink in the microwave/ fridge area was a plus. The wi-fi worked well, but the pass code was on a tiny slip of paper inside the key envelope and was hard to find. Breakfast featured a pancake maker that my DD's called an over-grown Easy Bake Oven. The pancakes were not at all good. But we did enjoy the yogurt, fresh fruit and hard bolied eggs. There were plenty of pastry options and even some nice hot bacon. My DH said the work out room was tidy and all the machines were in good working order. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The pool is closed. Not sure why?
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Harshad P, Manager at Best Western Geneseo Inn, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding your experience at our hotel. Additionally, we would like to thank you for acknowledging our renovation and remodeling to our property. We’re so happy you enjoyed your time and it would be our pleasure to welcome you again on your next trip.

Palos Hills, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The staff were the most friendliest people I have ever met. All went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful. Pleasant, accommodating, just a great overall stay. Would highly recommend to others and will definitely stay here should we pass this way again. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Harshad P, General Manager at Best Western Geneseo Inn, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to have earned your 5 star rating, but more happy that we provided you with the value and service you deserve. I am very proud of the team that served you so well. We hope to see you in Geneseo, IL on future trips!
Kind Regards,
Harshad Patel, General Manager
Columbia, SC
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Decent room layout. Pretty clean. Duvet cover on blanket - Great. Bottom Fitted Sheets , so you don't have sheet problems at night. Heat worked efficiently in Zero degree with the -17 wind chill.
Updated wi- fi and connections & TV. Enough towels to shower at night and the morn.. Just expensive rates. Easy to get in and out of parking lot, near expressway. Nearby, many restaurants. (walking distance but no one walks to them.)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words! We have a great location and I am very lucky to have such a loving team of people serving our guests. It is always great to hear from travellers who appreciate so many of the unnoticed details in our service and amenities.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Harshad Patel, General Manager
Albion, Indiana
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This hotel was very nice, staff was great, restaurant they recommended was great, very close to the interstate, this is one of the nicer best westerns I have stayed in, they had truck parking which is nice, it is nice that almost all best westerns have truck parking, there are a lot of hotels that don't have it and that is one of the reasons I chose BW

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Harshad P, General Manager at Best Western Geneseo Inn, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
We are truly humbled by your review and the comparison to such fine hoteliers. The team will be thrilled to have earned such high marks and to have their genuine service so fondly remembered. We look forward to when we can welcome you back to Best Western.

Harshad Patel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneseo
Best Western Annawan Inn
Hampton Inn Davenport
Hampton Inn Davenport
#1 of 26 in Davenport
Holiday Inn Express Moline - Quad Cities
La Quinta Inn Moline Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites Davenport
Comfort Inn Moline - Quad Cities

Been to Best Western Geneseo Inn? Share your experiences!