“Closed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Urban Grille
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American, International, Grill, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Algonquin Provincial Park, Canada
“Closed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Urban Grille has abandoned their website, For Lease sign on window, and is now closed. Thankfully, as it was dark and uninviting. Here's to hoping something more lively moves into the spot.

• Visited June 2013

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Burgers are the bomb”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

My husband and son ordered beef burgers - they have so many options of size, type of bun and toppings that you can create your custom-made favorite. Both were perfectly cooked and my husband said it rivaled the top spot for best burger he'd ever had. I had the Gaucho sandwich, grilled steak with caramelized onions served with Chimichurri sauce - SO delicious. The meat was cooked to order and so tender, and the toppings were a great combination. We also tried the guacamole appetizer which was on the mild side but very good especially for a non-Mexican restaurant, and the chips were also freshly-made and delicious. The setting is very comfortable with a casual atmosphere and the server was extremely pleasant and helpful. We arrived for an early dinner so it was not at all crowded but was more so when we left. Price-wise it is a little steep but you definitely get in taste what you pay for. It will be a repeat spot when visiting again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“Bring your own air conditioner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Fish tacos were ok, not fabulous. Combination platter was fair. Alyx shrimp was very good. BUT- the air conditioner is NOT working. The waitstaff was told to say it was on but having trouble keeping up because the banquet roomair was out. We walked behind the restaurant to the lot after our sweaty meal and none of the air conditioners were on - period. A decent manager would have been going from table to table apologizing because everyone was complaining but he/she was nowhere to be found. Very disappointed in our first - and last - visit. Plenty of other options in Geneva - don't bother with this obe.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Chicago
“Went way out of their way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Our family met with another family on a Sunday afternoon for a late lunch and we were given the royal treatment. We were given a huge table in the back that must be for special occasions. The service was wonderful and so was the food. Try the short rib grilled cheese, yum. Also the hummus is home made and exceptional. My kids flipped over the chocolate chip cookie dough egg rolls.

• Visited July 2013
Batavia, Illinois
“Father's Day”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Went there with my two daughters and future son in law for Father's Day. Pretty disappointed. The turkey burgers both of my daughters ordered were soft an mushy. They were so bad my daughters returned them and did not want anything else. I got a steak and it came with some of their house specialty shrimp. The steak was cooked to my liking, but the coating on the shrimp was underdone. It was almost like the shrimp had been cooked, dumped in the batter and placed on my plate. I had iced tea with my meal. My glass was empty when I was only one quarter done with my meal and the waitress never came to see if I would like a refill until after I finished the desert I had ordered when she brought the check. The desert-------it was good except we could see it sitting there waiting to be brought to us. When it did arrive the ice cream was almost 50% melted. I have been there before a few times and was very pleased with the food and the service. Don't know what was going on this Father's Day It wasn't like the place was crowded!

• Visited June 2013