“You'll love it”

Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Margaritas are the best you'll find ANYWHERE. Beware of your timing as there will be a wait (maybe even out in the cold!).

1  Thank AngieB253

Reviewed 9 January 2012

We would visit this restaurant much more often if we didn't have to factor in an hour-long wait (sometimes more). The food is great, definitely among the best in the far western suburbs. During our first visit, we asked the waiter to order the top three dishes for us, and he did not disappoint us. The shrimp tacos have layers of flavor, and a sauce that is just amazing. But I won't or can't go back until it is warm enough to stand outside waiting for a table. The interior is small and cramped, and just takes away from the experience. The owners need to either secure a new location and double the seating to a whopping 50, or at least promote take-out so I can have my shrimp tacos regularly!

Reviewed 27 December 2011

This was a genuinely unique dining experience - everything was magnificent, and much of it was unlike anything I'd had in a restaurant before. Don't miss it if you have an opportunity to try it.

Reviewed 26 December 2011

I have been dying to try ever since I saw it on "Check Please" and it did not disappoint. We went at prime time on a Saturday night and had to wait 1.5 hrs. They sent us to the Geneva Ale House across the street (which I would also recommend) because the bar was too crowded to wait there. Once we were seated the amazing flavor experience began. The guacamole of the day was fantastic (my husband doesn't care for guac but loved this-yeh) My margaritas were out of this world, try the shark tacos and the corn (make sure to sqeeze the lemon on) just fabulous. I am totally craving this place writing this review. Worth the long wait for sure!!

Reviewed 10 December 2011

We finally tried this place after hearing the hype for a year. We only had to wait about 30 min at lunchtime on a Saturday-Which I didn't think was bad at all. Everyone was really nice. We were falling over ourselves with the guacamole. Even the homemade lemonade was spectacular. I had wonderful butternut squash soup and the mushroom tacos and my husband had the bien truca tacos. We shared rice and roasted corn. We were stuffed and took some home! No-the portions aren't as big as some places but I would rather have flavor over quantity. Yes-it is tiny, loud and always crowded. But- there's a reason for that! :).

Been to Bien Trucha? Share your experiences!