“Decadent and gorgeous tarts and mini cakes”
Review of Cocoa Bean

Cocoa Bean
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Geneva
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I can't over-state how gorgeous, colorful and decadent the tarts and mini cakes are! If you stop by and look at the display case, you will know what I mean; beautiful! So, my husband surprised me on my birthday with a sampling of each tart and a few mini cakes. Each one was fantastic, fresh and wonderful. I just can't choose a favorite. We look forward to trying the rest of the mini cakes we weren't able to try this time. I would be proud to serve these at a party. I have stopped in a couple other times for coconut macaroons, which are moist, perfectly browned and difficult to stop eating! The service is always friendly. I would consider ordering a regular cake from them for a celebration. I have taken items to go as the inside decor is somewhat average. Now, there is nothing wrong with average, but there isn't anything particularly interesting to stay and look at either. I will return for the cakes, tarts and macaroons for sure!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've been to the Cocoa Bean twice and both times indulged in their croissants.

So in all honesty, I can't speak for how their other beautiful pastries taste.

At the Cocoa Bean, I've found the best croissant outside of Switzerland where I savored THE croissant against which all others will forever be compared.

The Cocoa Bean croissant is comparable to THE one I tasted overseas so many years ago.

After speaking with the Cocoa Bean's owner, I concluded that their croissant is made with care and with expertise on how to create a crunchy, flaky, pillowy, non-greasy and delicious bombshell all wrapped into one.

Go to the Cocoa Bean and try their other pastries if you so desire...but if you skip their croissant, you'll miss something truly special.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I decided to check out the Coco Bean in Geneva for our daughter's 1st birthday cake. We stopped in and bought a few of their mini cakes (delicious) to help us decide. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly and walked through their cakes with me. We decided on a small "smash cake" for our daughter (white/ yellow cake with whip cream frosting). She absolutely loved it (we tried it too and it was yummy)! Then for the party goers we had the "Isabella". It was gorgeous and tasted phenomenal. Just a lovely, light cake that was truly unique. They were even able to match the colors to our "theme". I will absolutely go there again for any cake needs or special occasions.
On another note, we also decided to try the croissants and other baked goods while we stopped in based on other's good reviews. Hands down the best croissants I've had in years... maybe ever.
We will definitely be stopping in again!

1  Thank jax3085
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

I'm proud to say I was there when Cocoa Bean opened their doors,and I've walked into their shop MANY times since. This is my go-to place if I want to impress. I bring their mini cakes to parties, almond croissant to office for breakfast, cookies and French macaroons as hostess gifts and I always get the same reply...Where did you buy this??? I always make sure I drop by and buy something from time to time because I want them to stay open. Please visit them as well!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Nowadays, it's not too hard to find French style baked goods such as croissants, pain au chocolat, macarons, fruit tarts and creme brulee here in the U.S. You can even find croissants in American grocery stores. But, in most cases, what's styled French pastries here are pale imitations of the real thing.

Cocoa Bean is about the best place I've found outside of France for enjoying these French treats, though. Their croissants are buttery and crunchy and flaky, just as they are in France, and their elegant little dessert pastries look----and taste----as if they were just flown in from Paris. They also serve quiches and sandwiches for lunch, and bake wedding and birthday cakes, etc., to order.

I bought dessert pastries----little Napoleon slices, Opera tortes slices, cremes brulees, fruit tarts and so on----instead of birthday cake for my husband's birthday party last year. They were a huge hit, and started a whole new tradition in my family. As they say in France, "Miam miam!" ("Yum, yum!")