“Fantastic staff, great location”

The Herrington Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Every one of the staff I'd encounter asked me how my day was going and if there was anything I needed. It's rare that you get this level of customer service. They gave us a ride to and from dinner but you can also walk to many restaurants and shops. We had a 1st floor room with a great view of the river, which is literally a few yards from your balcony. The cookies and milk of course are a nice touch. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Stewart B, Director of Operations at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Thank you for your review and feedback.

Our mission at The Herrington Inn & Spa is always to exceed our guest’s expectations. It is wonderful to hear that we lived up to this promise during your stay with us. I will personally ensure that your comments are shared with the team.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Herrington Inn & Spa very soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We enjoyed the delicious milk and cookies in the evening by our fireplace in our white robes in the room. The decorations can be a bit old fashioned, but the bathrooms are definitely luxuriously modern. Delicious breakfast of fruit, cheese, cured meats, tea, and coffee. The breakfast reminded us of our stays in Mexico. A stroll in island park after breakfast and along the river was the perfect way to end the stay.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Stewart B, Director of Operations at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thank you for your review and feedback.

As the nights draw in and temperatures drop our Milk, Cookies, Robes and Fireplaces seem to becoming ever more popular! They will await your return.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I'm writing this as I sit on my balcony enjoying the beautiful Fox River. The staff here are so friendly, they treat each guest like a VIP. The room was cozy and relaxing. We ordered a bath basket from the spa which was a wonderful in-room way to feel pampered. We did have breakfast at Atwater's. The food was delicious and the staff friendly and attentive. We plan on coming here again. This is a wonderful place to get away from everyday life.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your review and feedback.

We strive to give every guest the VIP experience, a home away from home and the surroundings to forget about the world outside. It is wonderful to hear that we lived up to this promise during your stay with us. The in room Bath Menu always helps!

I will personally ensure that your comments are shared with the team.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

For the past two years I travelled on business to Geneva, staying at this charming hotel. This past trip, booked for pleasure 3 day weekend really disappointed. I booked a premium, river south facing room. I was given a corner room "118" on the back of the hotel, overlooking the parking lot and the private home next door. There is a bit of river view from a corner window. In addition, two large exhaust fans are outside my parking lot windows. I called the front deck and was informed despite the price I was placed in the correct room category. No offer to change despite my repeated dissatisfaction with the room. As I loyal, repeat customer I'm baffled. This hotel let me down.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Joseph B

Thank you for your review and feedback.

Our mission at The Herrington Inn & Spa is always to exceed our guest’s expectations. It is very disappointing to hear that we did not live up to this promise during your latest stay with us.

In response to your feedback we have altered this particular room’s classification to ensure your disappointment is not experienced by any other guests.

I do hope the remainder of your stay in the alternate room was closer to your expectations.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back and regaining your trust in The Herrington Inn & Spa very soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Not only does this stately old colonial manor look good, it delivers! Our room was large, beautiful decorated with old fashioned lamps and an enormously high four poster bed that needed steps to get up to it. Everything was tastefully decorated, from light fittings to a real-fire that you switched on, and whirlpool bath even the toiletries smelt divine. We had a small balcony that overlooked the river, with tables and chairs outside. I had the best sleep ever in the snuggliest bed ever. But for me the delightful touch of homemade cookies and cream, left at the side of the bed, nearly made me cry with joy! The breakfast was buffet style but was more than adequate, the eggs were so fresh and tasty with lashing of coffee.
Attentive and caring staff, drove us to the station and into town the night before. One of the best hotels I've ever had the pleasure of staying in!

Room Tip: River facing rooms have a view to die for!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and feedback.

Thank you once again and we have plenty of milk and cookies awaiting you on your return!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Although I am local to this hotel, we chose to have our company planning meeting here recently. Since there would only be 6 of us, we had the meeting in my suite. WOW. Upon check-in, the room (my suite) was completely prepped for the meeting the next day. All they had to do was bring in coffee, juice, and breads in the morning. Power, video, EVERYTHING was ready to go. During the meeting, Ian and his team took incredible care of us and stayed out of our way as much as possible. We left for dinner at 6:45PM and I expected to come back to the room the way we had left it. Alas, when I returned to the room at 10PM, it was back to a normal suite - everything put back in its place, the meeting table removed, the room cleaned and the fireplace turned on. It was an amazing transformation from the perfect meeting room to the perfect hotel room. WOW. Everything about this stay was perfect - The room (everything worked and it was very new), the food (had it catered in for lunch from Atwaters), and of course the service (which was above the top). I think staying in this resort is wonderful but having a meeting there might even be better!

Room Tip: Loved the suite overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and feedback.

It’s always a pleasure to welcome our neighbors to The Herrington, The Spa and Atwater’s Restaurant. We hope you get the chance to visit us again soon, maybe over the Geneva Christmas Walk when our lobby will be fully adorned in festive fun.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Late planning could have ruined our 30th wedding anniversary but Stephanie from Herrington Inn put us on a wait list and called when they had a cancellation. She made our 30th wedding anniversary a dream come true.. It was everything we could have asked for and more, Beautiful property with a romantic atmosphere. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and feedback.

It is wonderful to here that we lived up to this promise during your stay with us. I will personally ensure that your comments are shared with the team and especially Stephanie.

We are honored to have had the opportunity to help you celebrate your 30th wedding anniversary and we are all looking forward to being part of the 31st.

Congratulations from the whole team at The Herrington Inn & Atwater’s Restaurant.

Stewart

Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 11 in Saint Charles
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
#5 of 11 in Saint Charles

Been to The Herrington Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!