I was attended a conference at this hotel and checked out the site and have to say they did a great job on the video that is on their site. On a positive note, the staff could not be more friendly and willing to offer assistance. They have such great luxuries such as oversized tubs with a great bath menu that they will prepare for you, which is a great indulgent treat. The food and cocktails are really good and the rooms have nice fireplaces, which are cozy.
The underwhelming part is that the hotel is right on a busy city block and is very darks and feels like you are visiting your grandmother's attic. It is an old mill building and is in desperate need of an update. I love the charm of an historic building, but it really needs to have modern touches, especially if it is a hotel. This hotel would be great for a weekend get away in the winter but it is very dreary and "old school" in a modern world. I will say that I prefer more modern styles so if you do like the idea of rustic and don't mind the older charm, this is great place to stay.
I had a river view, which was pretty but the rooms are literally on top of the river and you can't even take a walk from there and it is very noisy with the ducks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four Diamond boutique hotel, spa, and restaurant in the Chicago suburb of Geneva, IL. Voted one of Illinois best spa hotels and located on the waterfront, each room offers a large whirlpool tub, fireplace, and furnished balcony. We are perfect for storybook weddings, corporate meetings, romantic getaways, fine dining, and relaxing in the best day spa in Geneva. Within walking distance to the Metra Train line to Chicago's Loop, and running/biking path. Evening turn down service staff deliver chilled milk and fresh baked cookies to all overnight guests. Each morning guests enjoy a complimentary European-style continental breakfast buffet served in our grand lobby. Also complimentary: wireless internet access and plenty of onsite parking. Just across from the hotel is the Fox River Trail, available year round for waterfront running or biking. Hotel is within walking distance to over 100 shops, galleries, restaurants, and pubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Herrington Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Herrington Inn And Spa
- The Herrington Hotel Geneva
- Herrington Hotel Geneva
- Herrington Geneva