“Great Girlfriend Getaway!”

The Herrington Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My sister in law and I just had the best weekend ever! We chose the Girls Gotta Get away package. We checked in Friday evening. Saturday morning we both enjoyed a facial and massage accompanied by a fantastic foot bath. During our weekend stay the Swedish Days Fest was going on which was just steps away from the Inn. The staff go out of their way to make sure your stay is enjoyable! Our room was on the second floor with a nice baloney and great view of the river! Beds are super comfy as I fell asleep right away! Also you can't beat the chocolate chip cookies and milk they give you each night! I've found my little piece of heaven!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Stewart B, Director of Operations at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for your review and feedback.

Our mission at The Herrington Inn & Spa is always to exceed our guest’s expectations. It is wonderful to hear that we lived up to this promise during your stay with us. I will personally ensure that your comments are shared with the team.

The festivities of Swedish Days are a great time to visit the Herrington Inn and the City of Geneva itself. Your little piece of Heaven (and extra cookies) will be awaiting your return.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Herrington Inn & Spa very soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I hade a floor level room with a porch and table and chairs. Great view of the Fox River. Loved my fireplace in my room. The bed was so comfy. I used the in room bath services a
and the unique items in the mini bar. I felt like a queen. Its a must stay.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank dejimita
Stewart B, Director of Operations at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to the Harrington with a large group of friends. We had a beautiful room on the third floor facing the river. Beautiful huge king size bed, balcony, huge bath tub and beautiful grounds. The employees are amazing-so hard working and polite. The lobby area is beautiful too. At night, they turn down your bed and leave cookies and milk. It was a wonderful weekend away.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Twinsmom99
Stewart B, Director of Operations at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your review and feedback.

It is always wonderful to receive great feedback from guests that have returned to us for a 2nd time.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back again to The Herrington Inn & Spa very soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

The Herrington Inn is a wonderful hotel. Extremely large, nicely adorned rooms. Convienent to everything. Excellent and helpful staff. I couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable stay and will stay at the Herrington again next time I'm in the area. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Stayed in a room overlooking the parking lot and it was great. Can't imagine what the river vie...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank gsteener

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was a fantastic place to come for 1 night to get away from it all, even though we're from another suburb. Very romantic. We could see the river from our room. There was a fireplace in our room. When we returned to the room after dinner, bathrobes, slippers, milk, & cookies were laid out for us. The room was very up-to-date and well-kept. I was very impressed with the expensive-looking bathroom. Each room had a patio with a table & chairs looking out to the nice courtyard. It was just a relaxing experience. I'd recommend going during nice weather so that you can walk around 3rd street, where all the shops & restaurants are, to people-watch & get a scoop of ice cream. 1 night was perfect- I would've gotten bored any nights more than that. My only complaint was that the free breakfast was a bit disorganized.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and feedback.

I do apologize for the disorganization you experienced during our continental breakfast service and trust this did not result in a serious inconvenience. I will investigate whatever issues were experienced to cause the delay have been eradicated to ensure a smooth breakfast service in the future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

My daughter and I spent last Sunday night here and what a delightful time we had. The inn is amazingly beautiful and comfortable and the staff was so welcoming, we felt very special. Our room was large and comfortable with two queen beds, plenty of room to move about and a fireplace to take the chill off. The bathroom is fully updated with a great shower and whirlpool, again oversized and so comfortable. We also had a patio with a great view of the river and although it was chilly, we sat out and had a glass of wine before heading to Geneva for some shopping. The walk to town is easy and so interesting looking at the shops along the way. Lots of choices for shopping and eating and drinking, all within walking distance of the inn. We really enjoyed the turndown service with warm chocolate chip cookies and cold milk. In the morning, the continental breakfast we enjoyed in the hotel foyer was more than we had expected. We had such a fun time and are planning a return visit for one of the town's many special weekend events

Room Tip: We were Room 302, but we don't think there is really a bad room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Stewart B, Director of Operations at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for your review and feedback.

It’s great to hear you enjoyed our home city of Geneva along with your stay at the Herrington Inn & Spa. The city hosts 4 major festivals throughout the year and a variety of smaller events for all ages. We shall look forward to welcoming you back for one very soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was attended a conference at this hotel and checked out the site and have to say they did a great job on the video that is on their site. On a positive note, the staff could not be more friendly and willing to offer assistance. They have such great luxuries such as oversized tubs with a great bath menu that they will prepare for you, which is a great indulgent treat. The food and cocktails are really good and the rooms have nice fireplaces, which are cozy.

The underwhelming part is that the hotel is right on a busy city block and is very darks and feels like you are visiting your grandmother's attic. It is an old mill building and is in desperate need of an update. I love the charm of an historic building, but it really needs to have modern touches, especially if it is a hotel. This hotel would be great for a weekend get away in the winter but it is very dreary and "old school" in a modern world. I will say that I prefer more modern styles so if you do like the idea of rustic and don't mind the older charm, this is great place to stay.

I had a river view, which was pretty but the rooms are literally on top of the river and you can't even take a walk from there and it is very noisy with the ducks.

Room Tip: You can either get a river view or city view, both a very noisy as the hotel is only three floors so...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Christine S

The Hotel can certainly feel like a grandmother’s attic, with our original antique furnishings, décor and artwork all housed in an historic building dating back to the late 1800’s. We work very hard to keep the romantic old European, rustic feel mixed in with the modern luxuries of oversize whirlpool tubs, flat screen TV’s and complimentary Wi-Fi. We do lack straight lines & contemporary finishes which understandably is not to everyone’s taste.

I’m very happy to hear you found the video we created captured the true essence of the Herrington Inn & Spa and our team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope to welcome you back to the Herrington Inn & Spa in the future.

Regards,
Stewart

Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Comfort Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles
Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles
#3 of 11 in Saint Charles
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora

Been to The Herrington Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!