The Harrington is located on the Fox River, and is easy to find and within easy walking distance to the shops and some restaurants in Geneva as well. Directly west of the hotel, across the river, is a beautiful little park to enjoy as well.
I was here for a meeting and the facilities were very good; there were two to three dozen of us there. The meals were good and they were able to accommodate requests for allergies and food sensitivities. There is a restaurant on site, though I did not have the opportunity to eat at the restaurant. There are also restaurants nearby since it's by the shopping district in Geneva.
The rooms are very posh. I had a room on the first floor, and had a deck outside the room over the river. The rooms also may have a variety of amenities: gas fireplace, minibar, jacuzzi tub, flat screen television, and bidet. Housekeeping staff visit in the early evening to bring cookies and milk and turn down the bed. I felt like a princess. The staff is incredibly professional and hospitable.
The bar is a bit pricey for my taste, but I don't drink much so it was easy to opt out of that. The only mark against the place keeping it from being a perfect retreat was the bugs. I know nature isn't something that the resort has a lot of control over, but there were these moths everywhere whenever you open the door. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take advantage of that beautiful view because of it! I would have loved to sit on the deck in the evening and read or just enjoy the river, and I gave it a try a few times to no avail. Had I gone out, I would have been accosted by moths and/or let a bunch of them in my room, which would have may have made for a less than pleasant slumber. I did jump out on the balcony for 1-2 minutes around 7:30 am, when the bug activity was a bit lower, but was really disappointed I couldn't take advantage of the best part of getting such a great room. Hopefully this is simply an early spring thing and it's not an issue at other times of the year--this visit was in early May.
The Harrington is very near the shopping district in Geneva. Just a few blocks away are all kinds of fun little shops to stop in, many if not most locally owned, so that is a nice plus in my book. There are several restaurants around serving all meals if you want to get away from the hotel for a bit. However, this does have the aforementioned restaurant and offers a nice little continental breakfast, which consisted of cereals, cheese, fruit, orange and grapefruit juice, hard boiled eggs, pastries, coffee and tea when I was here. That was an unexpected and pleasant surprise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four Diamond boutique hotel, spa, and restaurant in the Chicago suburb of Geneva, IL. Voted one of Illinois best spa hotels and located on the waterfront, each room offers a large whirlpool tub, fireplace, and furnished balcony. We are perfect for storybook weddings, corporate meetings, romantic getaways, fine dining, and relaxing in the best day spa in Geneva. Within walking distance to the Metra Train line to Chicago's Loop, and running/biking path. Evening turn down service staff deliver chilled milk and fresh baked cookies to all overnight guests. Each morning guests enjoy a complimentary European-style continental breakfast buffet served in our grand lobby. Also complimentary: wireless internet access and plenty of onsite parking. Just across from the hotel is the Fox River Trail, available year round for waterfront running or biking. Hotel is within walking distance to over 100 shops, galleries, restaurants, and pubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Herrington Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Herrington Hotel Geneva
- The Herrington Inn And Spa
- Herrington Hotel Geneva
- Herrington Geneva