“Absolute enjoyment!”

The Herrington Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 19 September 2006

I have stayed at the Herrington three or four times over the past couple of years. Every visit has met or exceeded my (high) expectations. I was there over a recent weekend and did not request, much less expect, early check-in because so many places have weddings on Saturdays. I always like seeing the wide variety between the rooms; every time my room has been very different from my past visit. Our room was clean, and turn-down service is always so nice. I would encourage anyone who is looking for a getaway to stay there. I am sure I will be staying again in the near future.

1  Thank ChicagoNS

Reviewed 19 September 2006

I surprised my wife with a weekend getaway for her birthday. We live near Geneva, and have stayed at the Herrington before. What a fantastic weekend. The staff at the Herrington is always pleasent and the service at restaurant is top notch. The room was beautiful and we had a nice deck overlooking the river. There were a few spider webs on the balcony, but what do you expect....you're right on the river!

Shopping in Geneva is a blast. Lots of little shops to go in and out of. Be sure to stop in at "The Little Traveler".

As with my previous stay, I was completely satisfied. I guess there's a reason why they have so many celeb photos on the wall!

1  Thank btossi
Reviewed 14 September 2006

We live in Geneva and went to the Herrington directly to book our room, we requested a specific room, one with a patio not a deck. We also wanted a King room so we had to wait a few weeks to get what we wanted. Well, we tried to book in early before 4:OO p.m. and could not. We found out the wedding of the Manager was the same day, so her party got early check-in. We went to the room it was a King but of course not a patio but a deck. The deck was very dirty, we asked for another room but of course there were none. Next came the mattress, at $280 a night you would think you would have a excellent mattress, I had better at the Holiday Inn Express...The rooms are pretty, great bathroom, but the shower has very low water pressure. The Inn itself is very pretty, the staff we re very young and inexperienced. When we shared our experience they stated "we are sorry we don't meet your expectations". We have 3 daughters and were considering the Herrington for there weddings, at the price of the rooms and the service I would not recommend the Herrington.

3  Thank excellance
Reviewed 8 October 2005

We have stayed here many times before, but have never received the type of service or cleanliness we did this time. We had some trouble with our room (cob webs all inside and on our patio and bird poo all over the patio). When we spoke to a manager about this, she was very rude and acted like it was our problem (her name was Lisa). We told her we'd just like a room that doesn't have a lot of spiders in them. We then asked to speak to her manager and she became irate. I have never been treated like this in any hotel I've gone to. We will never go back to this hotel again and we will never recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: October 2005
22  Thank goiu
Reviewed 15 February 2005

We spent February 11 - 13, 2005 at the Herrington for our annual weekend away with friends. All of us were extremely impressed with our rooms. The inn is just beautiful and couldn't be more romantic. We had a wonderful time relaxing and enjoying Geneva itself. Dinner at Atwater's on Friday night was excellent and the waiter couldn't have been friendlier or more accommodating. The continental breakfast was also very good. The only downside was our room faced the parking lot and the garbage truck arrived on Saturday morning at about 6:30. That would be the only thing that we could see being changed. Definitely give the Herrington a try -- we'll be going back.

10  Thank sjmj
Reviewed 15 November 2004

What a great hotel. It is shown on some sites as a 3 star, maybe as there is no pool or gym, but it is luxurious in a homely way with great service. Getting back to your four poster bed with a cookie waiting and some milk with the fire roaring is superb. The restaurant is fantastic (try the elk!) and the bar is adequate for a romantic nightcap, although it can get a bit noisy. Overall a top hotel putting service above pretentions.

• Stayed: February 2005, travelled on business
5  Thank marting
A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago IL
Reviewed 15 June 2004

I loved the hotel, the service was great. The best part of the trip was having the bellman explain all the things to do in town, and then doing them. I rented a bike and went for a bike ride, they even stored my bike for me in the stairwell. He was the nicest bellman and the most helpfull. Geneva is great place you just have to read about the differant stores they have, the hotel has a guide to all the stores and a map inside. I give the hotel a 10 and the bellman an 11. PERFECT!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Comfort Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles
Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles
#3 of 11 in Saint Charles
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora

Been to The Herrington Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!